Managing your hard disk is as essential as protecting your computer from malware and other infections. However, most of us ignore the importance of disk management, which could have some serious implications on your computer’s health.
In the previous article, we talked about disk management and how to manage our hard disk by using an inbuilt tool of Windows. However, there are various HDD managing tools in the market which could help in creating, formatting or deleting partitions of the system to keep it sorted. The disk management tools not only help to manage your computer’s hard disk but also can handle disk partition of external drives.
Let’s talk about the best hard disk managing tools available in the market.
10 Best Disk Management Software for Windows
1. Easeus Partition Master Free:
The Ease US Partition Master Free is a hard disk manager which helps you to improve your disk performance by efficiently managing it.
- It allows you to create, format, delete and convert partitions.
- It lets you move, resize and hide/unhide the partitions and keeps the data intact.
- It supports up to 4 .0 TB of hard disk.
- It has a distinctive feature to move OS to SSD.
2. MiniTool Partition Wizard:
Mini Tool Partition Wizard is one of the best disk management software which provides a simple user interface.
- It allows us to create, resize, delete, format and move, moreover, it also lets you extend the partition.
- The Data Protection Mode keeps your data safe while performing any editing on the partitions.
- It supports all major disk types, including SATA, SCSI, IDE and all USB external drives.
- It converts a non-system disk from MBR to GPT and vice versa without data loss to support large drive or full OS.
3. Paragon Partition Manager:
It is one of the best disk management tools which is available in both free and paid versions.
- The user interface is easy on the eye and
- With the free version, you can create, resize, copy and delete partitions.
- Paid version has more to offer such as Basic & Advanced Partitioning, Virtual partitioning
- The software has a remarkable feature, Automatic partition alignment which automatically aligns partitions to increase the performance of the HDD.
4. AOMEI Partition Assistant:
AOMEI Partition Assistant is yet another free application listed on the best HDD manager.
- It allows you to manage disk, extend or resize a partition, merge two partitions, split a partition, move it from a place to another.
- It enables you to create a bootable drive.
- It also has a feature to convert disks from GPR to MBR and vice versa.
GParted is a disk management tool which not only supports Windows but also is compatible with Mac.
- This software is considered as GNOME (desktop environment composed of free and open-source software that runs on Linux and most BSD derivatives) editor.
- You need a Bootable device to use the software.
- It enables you to create, resize, copy and delete, convert hide and unhide partitions.
- It supports NTFS file system on Windows, FAT file system, and ext2, ext3, and ext4 file systems on Linux. It also offers data recovery option.
6. Macrorit Disk Partition Expert Professional Edition:
Macrorit Disk Partition’s unsoiled user interface makes it one of the best hard disk managers. It comes with robust features which allow users to resize move partitions, create, delete or format partition easily.
- It functions just as the other application of its category like resizing, merging, splitting, formatting and much more.
- It provides you with the feature to convert the file system, disk surface checking.
- It doesn’t bog your system down when installed and it is also available as a portable application. You don’t even have to download this app on the system.
7. Cute Partition Manager:
Just like GParted, Cute Partition Manager also needs a bootable device to use it. This HDD manager enables you to perform operations such as create, delete, format and extend partitions.
- It enables you to change the file system of a disk.
- The software enables you to use the HDD space to its maximum.
- It is easy to use and lets you check the changes made before saving them.
- You need to use a keyboard during the whole operation as it is a text-based application.
8. Active@ Partition Manager:
It is another best hard disk managing tool available for free. It enables users to you to manage hard disk partitions along with your storage devices that they have.
- It helps you to manage, create, delete, format storage devices and HDD partitions.
- It helps you to Initialize new disk as MBR or GPT or fix MBR (GPT) on a damaged disk
- It converts MBR to GPT or GPT to MBR
- It is compatible with Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, 2003, 2008, 2012 Windows Server.
9. S.M.A.R.T Monitoring Tools:
S.M.A.R.T. Monitoring or “Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology System” is a disk management tool for those who love to work command line tools interface.
- It enables you with everything that you need to manage your HDD.
- One command and boom you get to know the health of your machine.
- Though, it might be confusing for beginners or those who are unfamiliar with this interface.
- It runs on Windows, Mac OS X, FreeBSD, Linux, NetBSD, Solaris, QNX, OpenBSD, OS/2, eComStation and Cygwin
You May Also Like: 10 Best Disk Space Analyzer Software for Windows
10. Acronis Disk Director:
Last but not the least software in the list of best disk management software is Acronis Disk Director. It comes with a set of powerful tools to improve the efficiency of your disk along with disk cloning feature.
- Just like the other software mentioned in the list, it suffices for the basic use, formatting, resizing, creating and deleting.
- This software can come to use to delineate multiple hard disks, recover damaged volumes
- Converting partitioning schemes like MBR and GPT is a cake walk for the software.
- It has a unique feature- cloning which allows you to run your programs on a new partition in seconds.
Windows provides us with a disk management tool but it is a basic tool doesn’t have the additional features like cloning, backup, and recovery that these third-party tools can provide you with. The listed software are some of the best disk management software available in the market. They efficiently do their work without the fear of data loss.
Don’t wait and download one of these software and start managing the hard drive to keep your system healthy.