Driver Updater Software does exactly what you’re probably thinking, they are the dedicated utilities to help you find & install the most compatible & latest device drivers for your Windows system.
Driver plays an integral role in the functioning of your computer system. Therefore it is always recommended to keep all your drivers up to date for healthy functioning of your computer. Some of the signs of outdated or corrupted drivers are a distorted display, audio/video lag, or printer compatibility. To keep them updated, either you can go an extra mile and update them manually or can get one of the best driver updater software for Windows.
Searching for a driver update tool can be a pesky affair, so to save you from the hassle of choosing the best one, we have mentioned some of the best tools in the category.
Our Top 3 Choices
Advanced Driver Updater
Smart Driver Care
WinZip Driver Updater
List of the Best Driver Updater
- 1. Advanced Driver Updater
- 2. Smart Driver Care
- 3. WinZip Driver Updater
- 4. Smart Driver Updater
- 5. Driver Reviver
- 6. Driver Easy
- 7. Driver Booster
- 8. AVG Driver Updater
- 9. Driver Genius
- 10. Driver Navigator
- 11. DriverPack Solution
- 12. Free Driver Scout (Free)
- 13. Driver Talent (Free)
- 14. Driver Checker
- Bottom Line:
- Frequently Asked Questions
Top 14 Picks For Best Free Driver Updater Software For Windows
To improve system stability, boost PC performance and fix other computer errors, Here is the list of the Best Driver Updater software:
1. Advanced Driver Updater
Among the glut of top driver updaters, this one is the greatest program to consider for updating outdated, faulty, or missing drivers from your PC. It features all the qualities of an ideal Software, from its intuitive dashboard to ‘one-click fix’ solution, this tool automatically detects and install the most compatible updates for your PC. Download Now Free:
Why Choose Advanced Driver Updater?
It is one such nifty tool that features all the key functionalities that you search in an ideal driver update utility.
It is quickest to set up and use. It comes with modern interface with clearly labelled button to navigate through. It’s an ideal tool for novice computer users!
- Automatic Scanning
Auto-scans your entire PC for missing, outdated, corrupt or damaged drivers.
- Supports almost all types of Drivers
It supports hundreds of device drivers & multiple drivers can be downloaded in bulk.
- One-Click Fix
Downloads are performed quickly and with a single-click you can repair all the outdated, missing or damaged drivers.
Offers Scheduled Scanning, so that you don’t have to manually check for driver updates every week or month.
- Exclusion List
You can easily choose the device drivers you want to exclude from scanning.
It’s online driver database scans in real-time, so you get the latest drivers every time.
Supports all the recent versions of Windows.
The driver update utility is compatible with more than 10 languages including French, German, Spanish, Japanese & Russian.
- Read Full Review
A good driver updater software is the one that comprises all these basic qualities, apart from this Advanced Driver Updater backs up your PC’s drivers regularly to help you restore unwanted changes anytime. It holds strong capabilities to choose only official drivers for your PC to reduce hardware problems comprehensively. To download this amazing driver solution for your PC, click on the button below!
2. Smart Driver Care
With a beautiful user interface and seamless performance, Smart Driver Care is one of the best driver updater software. The tool scans and shows the list of outdated or corrupt drivers. It helps you to improve the performance of your computer effortlessly. It updates or fixes all drivers at once, so you don’t have to update them individually.
Why Prefer Smart Driver Care?
With its inbuilt features, you can not only update drivers but also can perform other tasks to enhance system performance.
- Easy To Setup
It is easy to install. With the modern interface and labeled button, it is can be used by anyone
- Updates Outdated Drivers
If any of the system’s drivers are corrupted, outdated or missing, then Smart Driver Care will scan and fix all the drivers at once.
- Scans Registry Editor
The tool scans and detects invalid registries. You can get rid of these invalid registries in a single click.
- Includes Startup Manager
It removes unnecessary items from Startup to speed up your system’s boot time.
- Comes With Web Protection
Web Protection feature makes sure you stay safe while you browse. It blocks suspicious websites to avoid malware infections.
Before making any changes, it creates a backup of all the drivers. So, if anything goes wrong you can restore the drivers.
Smart Driver Care is one stop solution to enhance your system performance by removing all the underlying driver and registry issues. It finds the official driver updates for your PC and updates them without hassle. To get this tool for your Windows, click the button below!
3. WinZip Driver Updater
WinZip is another highly-effective maintenance tool for updating and managing your PC’s drivers. Most convenient and fastest of all the Windows driver update tool, WinZip ensures super-smooth performance by updating device drivers automatically. It fulfills all the attributes of a good PC driver updater tool, that protects your system from accidental crashes, automatically fetches the list of best-suited drivers for your computer and leaves you with sorted and smooth functioning PC. WinZip possess all these qualities in form of variety of tools and features.
Once you install the software, it performs automatic scanning and show which device drivers need immediate actions. You’ll be presented with a clear interface with different menus such as Home Tab, PC Scan, Backup, and Options menu (full of general settings & other customization options).
- Quick & Easiest to use.
- Highly-effective scanning engine.
- Scheduling periodic scans is damn easy to plan.
- Backup Manager to create complete and individual backup of system drivers for easy restoration.
- Installs genuine drivers from manufacturers.
- Exclusion list, to eliminate drivers from scanning process.
- Fully compatible with all the latest OS and devices.
WinZip Driver Updater is an excellent driver update program meant for all computer users, irrespective of their tech skills level.
Want to know more about the software? Click here!
4. Smart Driver Updater
Smart Driver Updater wins the position for ‘most compatible driver utility’ as it has an extremely large database of drivers, at around 1.2 million, ranging from hardware components, to peripherals. The first scan is offered free, that means you can scan your PC, evaluate the result and decide whether this driver update program is for you or not. When it comes to fixing driver-related issues, Smart Driver Updater brings all the latest functionalities and features to scan, detect and update drivers effortlessly.
After scanning, it shows you the current versions and source details of each drivers so that you have clear picture in mind about which drivers are installed on your PC & where latest updates are sourced from.
- Improves overall PC performance quickly.
- Huge Database of drivers.
- Interface is incredibly intuitive.
- Scheduler, for automatic scanning every now and then.
- One-click Backup & restore option to get the default device drivers back, if anything happens wrong.
- Provides brief idea about your computer’s health.
- It only uses (OEM) update sources from its database, hence never worry about installing incompatible or faulty drivers.
- Extensive Settings page therefore, you can tweak with variety of setting options for simultaneous driver downloads, scheduling and proxy settings.
The pro version of this driver update tool also brings several features for cleaning and optimizing PC for better performance. This includes Startup Manager, Uninstaller, Cache Cleaner and System Monitor.
5. Driver Reviver
Driver Reviver is a powerful driver update program packed with robust functionalities that is suited for both personal and commercial use. With the help of this one-stop solution, you can effectively update the drivers of a whole host of components, including Audio Cards, Video Cards, MFP Devices, Scanners, Laptops, Monitors, Bluetooth, and much more. The software looks similar to WinZip Driver Updater and functions great for users who are dealing with slow computer or getting ugly error messages on their PC because of holding outdated drivers.
The software is relatively very easy-to-use, systematically organized and yields powerful performance. It owns a plethora of features to manage and control your PC for effective results. It also eliminates the risk of downloading faulty or infected drivers and preventing from rendering your system inoperable.
- Fast and perform quick scanning to fix outdated drivers.
- Yields maximum results as compared to other tools.
- Noticeable performance boost after fixing the drivers.
- Lists all the drivers highlighting issues and the one without issues.
- Interface is more or less same as WinZip Driver Updater.
- Works with Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) to provide users with latest driver updates.
- Large, clearly labelled buttons to navigate through different modules.
- Exclusion feature.
- Supports all the latest Windows version.
- Bloatware & malware free.
Driver Reviver is an amazing tool for both inexperienced and pro computer users alike.
6. Driver Easy
A utility like ‘Driver Easy’ is an ideal solution for both professional & novices who are looking to manage all their device drivers effortlessly. It efficiently detects, download & update hardware drivers & also notifies one for available updates. Driver Easy simply aims to keep a track of your device drivers & allows you to update, repair & backup as required. You can read a complete review on this amazing productivity booster driver updater software, here!
- Relatively lightweight application that has been designed to instantly locate & update device drivers.
- Noticeable boost in PC and Gaming experience.
- One-click fix optimization feature.
- Only installs the certified drivers for your PC.
- Supported by almost all Windows OS.
Being of the best driver updater solutions in the field, Driver Easy comprises these set of powerful features that provides maximum ease while using it.
7. Driver Booster
Facing frequent system crashing & freezing? Is there a network connection drops occasionally? Tired of poor game performance or hangs? If the answer to all these issues are Yes, then you’re looking at the right choice!
Driver Booster is one of the best performing products when it comes to searching for missing or faulty drivers on your PC. Owned by IObit so undoubtedly you can expect the best from the tool. The company offers both free and paid versions. The free version allows users to scan, identify outdated drivers, and fix them with one-click. While the paid version allows users to scan, detect, repair, automatic backup, auto-download updated drivers, & plenty of other features to solve common driver-related issues and much more.
- Slick & modern interface.
- One-click scan & automatic online driver updates.
- Large database of over 3,000,000 drivers & game components.
- Numerous customization options to give more control over your PC.
- This program claims that all the driver downloads have passed Microsoft WHQL tests.
- Exclusion list.
- Backup & Restore options.
- Compatible with all the versions of Windows.
- This driver update tool is light as feather on your system resources. Takes only 19.3 MB of space.
Driver Booster is packed with numerous optimization and resolution features that makes it the greatest pick for driver updater software.
8. AVG Driver Updater
It is definitely the best automatized driver update utility designed for fixing outdated drivers instantly. The software is well-designed for solving common PC issues like connectivity issues, crashes, printer problems, computer freezing and jittery mouse improvements.
Once you install this driver update utility, it automatically recognizes your hardware profile so that it can present you with the ideal set of correct drivers. It is compatible with almost every version of Windows and the best part is, it makes sure of enhanced performance with every scan.
- Classic interface.
- Automatic scanning option.
- Holds a driver database of more than 127,000+ drivers.
- Scans in real-time to offer latest updates.
- Well-known for providing official drivers from 100+ major brands.
- Backs up & helps you restore unwanted changes in a click.
- Scheduler for auto-scan.
You can definitely rely on AVG Driver Updater when it comes to optimizing your system for peak performance, fixing driver errors & bringing the latest drivers right on your PC with just few clicks.
9. Driver Genius
A product from Driver-Soft, Driver Genius is the safest solution to enhance PC performance and keep your system optimally running just like new. The driver update tool comprehensively digs out details about the hardware and software of your PC and lists all the faulty, outdated or missing drivers.
Driver Genius is the right choice for updating outdated drivers, as it works on smart engine to return effective results in least time. The drive updater program ensures official driver installations and backs up previous versions and you can restore them anytime is you aren’t comfortable with the updated one.
- Simple & easy-to-use interface.
- Supports multiple languages.
- Have a large database of 6,00,000 drivers.
- Doesn’t have an automatic scheduler.
- Comes with Driver Cleanup to get rid of unwanted issues.
- Toolkit packed with multiple features to enhance system performance.
- Comes with easy uninstall option.
- Available for Free Trial for 60 Days.
With so much to offer in one package, Driver Genius is undoubtedly an ultimate solution for you to come off the vicious loop of ‘Damaged & Outdated Drivers’.
Driver Navigator wins the award for having the most intuitive interface! The software is designed for both novices and advanced users to keep their PC drivers running optimally. Similar to other best windows driver updater, Driver Navigator owns all the basic functionalities to solve all the driver-related issues and keeping system performance at its peak. Driver Navigator searches for new drivers from over 8,000,000 online driver databases.
To get started with this driver update program, install the software from its official site > Click on ‘Scan Now’ button > within few moments the tool will list all the missing, damaged, incompatible or outdated drivers. > select the drivers you want to upgrade > click Get Drivers button > either manually download updated driver for each device or click ‘Download All’ button for fixing all the device drivers at once.
- Easy to use.
- Extensive driver database.
- 24X7 Support.
- Compatible with different languages.
- Scheduler to set auto-scan.
- Displays system information on the home page.
- Reset option to get back to default settings on the software.
Whether you’re new to computer optimization or are a seasoned pro searching to automate your upkeep process, Driver Navigator is a clear choice to help you scan, detect and update out-of-date drivers effectively and efficiently.
Apart from these top 14 choices for best driver updater tools, you can also try using the following driver update software which is quite affordable and brings best functionalities to scan and update damaged or outdated drivers effectively.
11. DriverPack Solution
DriverPack Solution is another must-have power-packed free driver updater software that not only helps in detecting & fixing outdated drivers, but it also functions to eliminate broken, missed or defected drivers which can harm the system security. This Windows driver update tool is equipped with almost all drivers and updates them periodically by itself. The tool has a collection of variety of Windows devices and you can easily upgrade your drivers with just one-click.
The tool is capable of running a system diagnostic while scanning the PC to reveal device’s name, hard disk device name, system name, BIOS type and antivirus status. The software also brings a plethora of settings for advanced users.
- Modern and stylish interface.
- With this free driver updater Windows 10, you can install and update all your outdated drivers in just couple of moments.
- A progress bar to show the list of drivers with their current installed version & latest released version.
- Create easy backups for quick restoration.
- Expert Mode for advanced users.
- Cleaning & Protection module for optimizing system and blocking & removing malware.
- Supports more than 20 languages.
- Downloading Package is quite large.
What’s more? It also allows users to check & repair issues like game slow down, sound issues, video playing problems and much more.
12. Free Driver Scout (Free)
It is another free driver updater software that performs automated installations and execute timely scheduled scanning for updating drivers at regular intervals to improve overall PC performance. Once the software gets installed, click on ‘Scan for Issues’ to detect damaged & old drivers. It’s automatic one-click fix is ideal for novices & intermediate users for quick scanning and updating.
Additionally, it offers an extensive database of advanced and latest drivers for your hardware and software devices. It also features backup & restore options to help you recall the actions when needed. Unlike other standard driver updater tool, Driver Scout also owns several capabilities to repair varieties of driver errors as well.
- Supports hundreds of device drivers.
- Scan Exclusions to remove certain drivers from getting scanned.
- Backup & Restore features.
- Multi-lingual support.
Maintaining any system’s health over the course of its lifespan can be time-consuming and stressful. However, with Free Driver Scout you can keep your PC running in its optimal state for much longer time easily and effortlessly.
13. Driver Talent (Free)
Driver Talent formerly known as DriveTheLife is a free driver updater software that allows you to fix all the outdated, damaged and missing device drivers in a single-click. This nifty driver update tool poses a simple & clutter-free interface for swift navigation. You can expect all the essential features of an ideal Driver Updater Utility from this program. Read our in-depth product review to get the most out of this amazing tool!
- Install all the driver updates directly from the program.
- Allows you to reinstall those drivers that don’t have any update since very long.
- Automatically backs up all the drivers before updates & uninstallations, so that you can restore any driver you want in future.
- Some security programs might block it, but it can be fixed by whitelisting it.
- No scheduling option available for auto-scanning.
- Has a ‘Rescue Center’ for easy backup & restore options when you are offline.
- ‘Pre-download’ and ‘Save Drivers’ feature available for later use.
- Doesn’t support bulk downloads like other standard drive updater tools.
- Compatible with Window 10/8/7.
Driver Talent is one of the best driver-management tools that suggests exact-match of new device drivers. It simply displays a ‘thumbs-up’ icon in front of the version that is highly suitable.
14. Driver Checker
This driver updater software has a clutter-free, easy-to-use interface broken down into just a few tabs including ‘Updates’, ‘Backup’, ‘Restore’, ‘Uninstall’, ‘Export’, ‘History’ and ‘Options’. Driver Checker is simply a bunch of optimization features that allows you to maintain your system’s health by keeping it in optimal state by scanning its drivers & updating them as needed.
- Fairly intuitive interface, buttons are clearly labelled, making it simple to navigate.
- Has an extremely large database of drivers.
- Only Installs ideal-matched drivers for PC hardware & all connected peripheral devices.
- You can easily update, backup, restore, uninstall & export your drivers from the dashboard.
- It also allows you to view a history of driver versions.
- Equipped with one-click scan & automatic updates.
- Sometimes faces compatibility issues.
This driver update utility is quite easy-to-use and has several optimization features, giving you more control over your system.
That’s all folks! Hope this article was informative enough to assist you taking the right decision for choosing the Best driver updater software for Windows. All these Windows driver update software comes with plethora of features to boost and optimize your system performance in a jiffy!
If by any chance you are still facing issues in choosing the ideal one for you, feel free to comment, we’ll get back to you as soon as possible!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Is using a driver updater safe?
Yes, driver updater software are safe to use on a PC. However, it is essential that the software is downloaded or installed from a trusted developer or source. These software monitor system information regarding driver updates and associated hardware, and therefore, any non-trusted driver updater can cause system security concerns and malware-related issues.
Q2. What is the best way to update drivers?
Though there is a manual method to update and install drivers one-by-one, that is a long, time-consuming process. The best way to update drivers is to install a suitable software on the system, which automatically scans for available driver updates. This way, users can update system drivers without much hassle in one single click.
Q3. What is the best place to download drivers?
Every desktop/laptop manufacturer allow downloads of drivers through their official support website. It is always best to download drivers from official support platforms to ensure authenticity. Here’s how you can find your system drivers:
Step 1: Search for “Download Drivers for (Manufacturer’s Name)” on Google.
Step 2: Visit the link that is displayed in the search.
Step 3: Type in your computer’s serial number/model number. You can also let the site detect your PC if you’re using the same computer for the process.
Step 4: You’ll get the list of the compatible drivers for your PC for download.
Q4. Why Should You Update Drivers?
Drivers are the key to help hardware devices and peripherals to communicate with the OS and perform their functions without lags. If drivers are not updated, their associated hardware may experience performance lags or complete failure, thus hampering overall system efficiency and response time. This can include issues in video/audio output, Bluetooth and network connectivity, and connectivity of other peripherals such as UDB and external HDD.