Photography apps are not merely about how to get the best photos. There’re several other factors that are involved. Specially if one wants to go about it seemingly with a hint of professionalism. The subjects often change and one needs to know which apps shall suit them best. Subjects range from infants to food porn. The best camera apps for iPhone help one meet such diverse ranges. Mentioned below is an extensive list of the best photography apps for iPhone.
1. Duplicate Photos Fixer:
Reigning at the number one spot on our list of best photo apps for iPhone, is Duplicate Photos Fixer. Simply because, the one pitfall of being an amateur photographer is accumulating a huge number of duplicate photos in your iPhone’s memory. This fast working application can scan and detect duplicate photos and prepare them for deletion. Its key features are:
- Scans and compares images based on 2 criteria. Exact and Similar match.
- Works fast and efficiently. Scans a large number of images in a jiffy!
- In Settings, one can customize the scan criteria according to one’s preferences.
- Post scanning, one can see details in the ‘Metadata’ about the images which mentions the image size, its creation date, the DPI amongst other features.
Next on our list of best iPhone photography apps is SnapSeed. This application is very popular amongst its users. It offers services in 34 inclusive languages. With multiple image formats, filters, lens options one can be sure to get the perfect photograph every time. Its key features are:
- Compatible on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch with iOS 9.
- Offers users separate lens options for landscape and portrait.
- Offers an unique dark theme mode for goth style lovers
- Reduces blur in photos and gives HDR quality images.
Imagine composing an amazing photograph of an old church one has stumbled upon while trekking, but not being able to capture this glimpse of times gone by simply because of a modern day electric pole or a garbage bin or a jaywalker just as you are clicking your photo. For such situations, TouchRetouch is the perfect option. With it, one can easily delete or remove unwanted objects from the main image. This deletion of distractions is a a very useful option in photography. The key features of this application are:
- Editing of photographs is very easy.
- The clone stamp that enables retouching is distinctly visible with a neon green light so that one knows what area to focus on.
- This application is easy to use and its interface is perfect for tech novices
- Offers services in 17 languages
- Compatible on iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch with iOS 9
This application is perfect for improving the overall tone of photographs with the help of filters. One needn’t worry about downloading multiple applications for the perfect photograph. With Enlight, one can click images direct from its camera and further enhance the with multiple lens and tools. Its key features are:
- This application allows the users to share the finished directly to multiple social media platforms.
- One can create collages of images and add multitude of filters to get the desired effect of create a meme
- Offers a professional touch on all photographs including silk art effect and color masking.
- Considered as a perfect tool for photographers, this application requires iOS 10 and is compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
A highly customizable application, it has a little something for everyone. This application is amongst the few that has the potential to give stiff competition to Adobe Photoshop. We do not give out this phrase easily. An app that has been designed by photographers for photographers, hence, it has unique filters, textures, and styles. The other features that it offers its users are:
- 170 different textures.
- Perfect for those who want to take vintage looking black and white photographs
- Offers users weekly tutorials under the section ‘Behind the Lens’
- Has a strong social media presence
- Has many free and paid in-app purchases.
- Works on iOS 8.0 or later versions on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
In our list for the best photography apps for iPhone, ProCamera holds its head high. This application offers the users file saving in multiple formats and also supports the users by sending them newsletters. Its key features are:
- Offers support in 11 languages
- Requires iOS 11 or later version to operate on iPhone iPad and iPod Touch
- Perfect for low light conditions
- Has HD and 4K output option
- Anti – Shake option ensures the photographs are taken with stability
Create collages and share with your family, friends and loved ones. With a direct to social media export on tools such as Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, this application has quite a fan following. With the help of multiple features and color splash, one can create the required output that they desire. Its key features are:
- Flawless Selfie support while balancing the foreground, background and the spacing.
- Get output in different styles such as pencil drawing, ink sketch or even add text in the image.
- Easy editing helps in picture perfect output.
- With multiple hues available, one can definitely get the best image to share on social media portals.
- Offers a community support group for sharing images captured and edited.
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later and is compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Lifecake is a beautiful iOS photo app that is specially designed to serve as a timeline of childhood videos and images. One can call it as the app for close friends and parents. The following features helps the app stand out from other photo apps:
- Private sharing of childhood images via a visual timeline
- Create gorgeous HD photo books on the app website
- Navigate to any age album conveniently in the app
- Your dear ones are automatically informed every time a new video or image is added to album
- Allows you print out your images on photo packs, fridge magnets, posters, and more.
- User-friendly app and website
- No ads in family app
- Add images from mobile devices, Picasa, Instagram Facebook or Dropbox
9. Darkr Darkroom:
Darkr is one of the best tools that can be used to nurture your photographic skills. This app lets the user make parts of the photo darker and brighter by adding or blocking light to the picture. Moreover, the app also includes tutorials that can act as a great support for beginners. Its key features are:
- Develop images from camera roll or images taken by large-format camera
- Stripes – Lets you find the best strip as you would find in a real darkroom. It’s fun and challenging
- Blur – Improves the background of the image with beautiful blurriness.
- Crop & Rotate – You can crop and rotate the photograph in the same app
- Layers – Lets you add several effects as per your preference. Every effect in the image will be considered as a layer. It can be modified and deleted according to the visibility.
- OpenGL – The app uses OpenGL. Therefore, the drawing is very fluid.
Retrica is a smart iOS camera app that includes powerful tools for personalizing your photos, taking selfies and sharing them with your friends. There are many filters that can be used to create a mesmerizing effect on your photographs. Here are some of its key features:
- Includes amazing camera filters for all occasions
- Offers various looks such as the beach look or the famous retro look in seconds
- Outshine with GIFs and videos. Instantly switch into the GIF mode to create your best GIF-able moment
- Quickly create collage and convert your iPhone’s photo gallery into a mesmerizing photo booth.
- Make friends in the Retrica community via app and communicate with them through direct messages.
- Instantly share images on social media platforms like Twitter, Instagram and Facebook
There you have it folks! The best photo apps for iPhone so that you can capture and cherish your memories in the best way possible. Do drop us a line in the comments section on what apps you want to see featured here.