With technological advancement, smartphone security has been in progression too. A smartphone without an app lock seems to be an old story. Previously, most users relied on lock screen security (default in Android phones) to prevent any unlawful access. However, now there are various app lock applications available for Android on Play Store with various features to make our devices impregnable to commoners.
In the previous article, we learned how to secure Android devices with default lock screen security. In this article, we will discuss the best app locks for Android phones in the market.
There are various apps available on the Play Store that offers the app locker for all the applications on your Android phone.
List of The Best App Locks For Android in 2020
Here are some of the best app lockers for Android available on Play Store–
1. Secure Lock For Apps:
First on our list of best app locks for Android is a secure lock for Apps. It is one of the smartest and best applications to lock applications installed on your Android and to keep confidential information safe and secure.
- It comes with an ability to lock any app on your Android.
- App Locker even allows using a Fingerprint password if you have Android 6.0 or above is used.
- Comes with the Mail recovery option to recover your old passcode, in case you forget it.
- This app does not share user data with third parties, making it the best App Locker for Android.
- It is ad-free & doesn’t hog on your phone battery.
All these amazing features make this App Locker, the best app to lock apps on Android. Moreover, it has an easy reset passcode option to set a new passcode.
One of the best Android Lock Screen apps, AppLock by DoMobile Lab can keep your applications and private information safe and secure. You can disable/enable AppLock using the Applock widget with a single tap.
- Software once installed on phone, allows you to set a pin, pattern or password. You can also use the Fingerprint password if using Android 6.0 or above.
- Allows you to customize your lock screen’s background
- Can hide photos and videos, the hidden photos would be invisible from Gallery and can only be seen in photo and video vault.
- Takes photos of intruders, which lets you check who tried to invade your privacy.
3. LOCX App Lock:
LOCX App Lock is one of the best app locks for Android, which helps you secure your lock apps, secret photos, videos, messages and more. You can choose to use a PIN or pattern to lock your apps.
- It allows you to hide private photos and videos in the vault to keep them hidden from intruders.
- Enables you to lock messages, contacts, gallery or phone settings.
- This app lock is faster and light-weight so it doesn’t take a lot of space on your phone.
- With Chameleon – App fake cover feature, it allows you to disguise your app’s lock screen.
4. Smart AppLock Pro (App Protect):
Smart Applock is one of the best App Lock for Android 2020. This app locker is lightweight, easy on resources and comes with a beautiful interface.
- It allows you to lock your apps, private data, incoming calls, and settings.
- Offers various options to protect our privacy, you can choose from pin, pattern, password, gesture or fingerprint (only available for Samsung devices with fingerprint scanner).
- Takes the picture of the intruder and sends it to your registered e-mail address.
- Lets you to change the icon to disguise Applock to a Secret Dialer
5. Norton App Lock :
Norton App Lock is the best lock screen app to lock your applications and sensitive information in the apps installed on your Android device. The app enables you to keep app content private so that you can share your Android device with your kids.
- Choose to use a password, PIN or pattern to lock your screen and secure your installed apps.
- Enables you to protect your photos and videos from intruders by locking them in a vault.
- Protects your personal, financial and confidential data by adding a layer of security.
- The app provides options to lock all, some or you can also follow recommendations to lock specific apps.
Also Read: 21 Best Android Optimizer and Booster Apps
6. CM Locker:
CM Locker is an application which not only protects you from intruders but also from viruses and other infections. It allows you to set themes and change the color of the background.
- It provides instant cleanup to enhance the speed of the device.
- Secures our phone by providing the feature for locking the screen with pin, pattern, password and fingerprint lock (available on supported devices)
- Just like the other applications enlisted, it locks the applications and hides personal information such as photos and videos.
- Takes the picture of an intruder who enters the wrong password.
It is one of the best App Locks for Android which supports Marshmallow and later. The app is ad-free and comes with user interface customization options.
- This application is based on the Xposed Framework (the device needs to be rooted). Unlike most other app lockers, it uses a battery and performance-friendly event recognition method
- It offers with an option to secure your phone with pin, pattern, knock code or password
- Comes with Fake crash feature that allows you to spoof crash of locked apps
- Option to remove or disable recent thumbnails of locked apps
8. KeepSafe App Lock:
Keepsafe is one of the Best App Locks for Android Marshmallow or above. It allows you to share private photos and control how long the recipient can view your photo. You can also create and share a private album with your special one.
- Offers to lock using pin, pattern or fingerprint(on supported devices)
- The application is ad-free
- Locks any application and manages your gallery according to your preference
- Takes a photo for intruders and provides break-in alerts
9. Knock lock:
Just as the name suggests, knock lock, this is one of the best lock apps for Android which provides an exclusive feature to lock the phone. All you have to do is knock on the phone in a set pattern to unlock it.
- It helps in preventing accidental calling/butt dialing.
- The lock screen is embellished with the custom date and time format with HD wallpapers.
10. Finger Security:
It is one of the oldest and best AppLocks for Android. It is the first app that introduced the Fingerprint app lock feature. The app comes with a widget to disable or enable the app with ease.
- The pin and password can be used as an alternate if Fingerprint is not working
- You can use your favorite image as a background
- It takes a snap of snoopy people
- Allows you to protect notifications of protected apps
11. Perfect AppLock:
Perfect Applock is also a very good application if you are looking for an application to protect your applications, settings and private data.
- It provides you with an option to choose from pin, pattern or gesture.
- It comes with a feature named Watchdog which clicks the picture of the intruder after three unsuccessful attempts.
- It provides an awesome feature of start the service remotely using SMS command.
AppLock by IVYMobile is a free app to lock your apps and keep your content secure from intruders. The app comes with various customization features to make your app locker smarter and more secure.
- Lock all your social media apps, including WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and more to keep your chats and feed private
- Keep your all system apps, SMS, Contacts, Gallery, and Email locked.
- Customize lock frequency from options: Always Lock/Until Screen Off Mode/5 Minutes
- Comes with power saver mode to preserve your phone’s battery
13. AppLock – Fingerprint (by SpSoft)
AppLock – Fingerprint is one of the best applocks for Android, which offers you to lock and protect your apps using fingerprint, password, and pattern. The app works fast and is lightweight.
- Allows you to different passwords for each app to prevent snooping
- Offers App locker for WiFi, Bluetooth, and other phone settings
- Takes pictures of a person who tries to access your app and sends it to you via email
- It evens blocks locked app’s notification messages in the notification bar
14. AppLock: Fingerprint & Pin
Lock your apps with AppLock: Fingerprint & Pin By KewlApps using a PIN, Pattern, Fingerprint. The app comes with a beautiful and simple interface, which makes it easy to use.
- Comes with crash screen option for a locked app to disguise the status of a locked app
- Captures picture of the intruder using the front camera and shows you when you open AppLock
- With Prevent Force Close/Uninstall option, you can prevent anyone from uninstalling this app locker.
- Lock recent apps page to keep the content of recently used apps private.
Another Applocker application, LOCKit, which can provide you with overall privacy protection, including fake cover, fingerprint lock, safety reminder tools, intruder selfie and more.
- Comes with a user-friendly interface and free themes to make your lock screen beautiful
- Allows you to add a notification bar to control the locking or unlocking of apps
- Enable the feature to prevent anyone from uninstalling the app lock app.
- Lock your incoming calls, Google Play Store and system settings to make your device more secure.
Best App Lockers for Android
These are some of the best App Locks for Android devices available on the Play store. Smartphones have become an intrinsic part of our life that’s why keeping it safe and away from inquisitive people is our need. Now you don’t have to be afraid or cautious while handing your phone over to your family or friends, these app locks will take care of it.