Virtual Reality is the new shiny toy in town and it is very alluring due to its intoxicating features. With half a dozen of VR headsets launched in the market, has established a concrete platform for VR to flourish. After taking a VR headset, the next step is to find the apps that could give you the best VR experience. To simplify your task, we have discussed some of the best VR apps you can find for Android.
Best VR apps for Android 2018:-
1. AAA VR Cinema –
AAA VR Cinema is a good application to experience VR and it is also freeware.
- It supports Android 6.0, 6.0.1, 7.0, 7.1, 7.1.1 and 7.1.2
- With video selection in VR mode, you can select and play other videos without taking off device from case.
- Graphic option enables non-high performance devices to play videos.
- It plays full HD mp4 videos.
- With resetting head feature rotation, the app provides with comfort to watch cinema while lying on the bed.
[appbox googleplay id=com.candlify.vrplayer]
See Also: 10 Best Free Android Apps
2. VeeR VR – Virtual Reality –
VeeR is a Virtual Reality app which is one of the best VR app available for android.
- It provides you true cross-platform experience from your device (Android or iOS)
- It is good whether you want to play games or watch horror movies, or if you are adventure junkie, experience the roller coaster ride or do skydiving.
- Best part is the app doesn’t require a headset, if you want to watch 2D videos but if you have a VR headset, switch the mode and enjoy the videos.
[appbox googleplay id=com.velotech.veer]
Cardboard is a VR app developed by Google.
- You can use this to view Earth in VR mode with Google Earth
- You can watch VR compatible videos and other VR content stored on your devices.
- The app consists of catalogue of VR apps and games that makes easier to find better stuff.
[appbox googleplay id=com.google.samples.apps.cardboarddemo]
See Also: 14 Best Android Security Apps
4. Apollo 15 Moon Landing VR –
Apollo 15 Moon Landing VR is a freeware and as the name suggests it lets you experience the 1971 Apollo 15 Moon Landing.
- With this app, you can feel the rumble of spacecraft landing on lunar surface and be the guest
- The app uses the footage accumulated by NASA to make the experience vivid and real.
- All you need is a good VR headset, to take the full advantage of this wonderful app.
[appbox googleplay id=com.ThomasKole.Apollo15VR]
5. Expeditions –
It is one of the best VR teaching tool for Android as well as iOS.
- It lets you lead or join fascinating virtual trips across the world.
- It is built for classroom or small group use; it enables a teacher to take its class for a immersive and virtual journey to explore the world with 360 degree and 3D images.
- You can connect devices over the same WiFi network – if the Guide has downloaded some Expeditions, you don’t need internet connectivity to run the Expedition!
[appbox googleplay id=com.google.vr.expeditions]
7. Fulldive VR – Virtual Reality –
Fulldive VR claims to be 100% user generated virtual reality (VR) content and navigation platform.
- The app allows your friends to react, connect, share and watch your favorite videos
- It enables you to browse and watch 3D and 360 degree photos and videos.
- Fulldive’s content is from approved sources such as YouTube, Youkan, and Facebook which prohibits adult/mature content shown publicly.
[appbox googleplay id=in.fulldive.shell]
8. Sites in VR –
Yet another best VR application for Android.
- Travel around the world virtually from Belgium to Kuwait, even space and more with more than a thousand 360 degree panoramic images in high quality.
- Best part of the app is, you can now use this app to setup your viewer for all other VR apps.
- It has an integrated QR code scanner and corrects for wrong screen-size issues.
[appbox googleplay id=air.com.ercangigi.sitesin3d]
8. Google Street View
Google Street View is a supportive application of Google Maps. It has been updated lately to support VR content.
- Whether it is a world landmark or a small museum, or a fancy restaurant, you can explore them easily through Google Street view VR.
- You can create your own photo sphere to let others know the experience of the Street View.
- This is one of the best app for Android to explore the world and share your experiences as well.
- App works on android 4.4 Kitkat and upper version.
[appbox googleplay id=com.google.android.street]
9. Titans of Space® Cardboard VR –
One of the best VR apps for Android and Google Cardboard, Titans of Space lets you explore the solar system and how it works.
- With this app, you can compare the size of the planets. Moreover, it provides you knowledge about various planetary bodies
- It is a free app, but if you want the add-on feature, voice narration, then you have to pay $2.99.
- A dynamic soundtrack is added to it, to give you the feel of cosmos.
[appbox googleplay id=com.drashvr.titansofspacecb]
See Also: 10 Best Video Calling Apps for Android
10. YouTube VR
Your Favorite YouTube is now available with VR content.
- This app turns all the videos on the platform into your own VR experience and reimagines YouTube as a 3D world you can explore from the inside.
- Enjoy full 360-degree videos that put you at the center of the action.
- Experience 3-D audio, where depth and distance play a vital role depending on where you look.
[appbox googleplay id=com.google.android.apps.youtube.vr]
11. VR Player FREE –
VR Player is a powerful and customizable Virtual Player
- It has different projection geometries – Plane(For all regular movies projected on a virtual screen), Dome(For action cameras like the GoPro or Kodak 360), Sphere (For spherical 360° videos and photos), Full dome(For IMAX and planetarium styled videos), Cylinder (For panoramic photos and videos), Cube (For cube maps like in video games)
- It supports formats like mono, side-by-side, over/under
- It can read local files or call up remote URL’s.
[appbox googleplay id=com.vimersiv.vrplayerfree]
12. Within VR
Come and explore the beauty of nature with depth of information, With Within VR app, you can watch imaginary tales with superb VR content and you can also watch documentaries of the famous places and people.
- It offers striking variety of videos and experiences from filmmakers and VR upstarts.
- It works on your phone, without a viewer—it converts your device into a “magic window” into the 360° VR experience as you move it around you to see the scene
- Use Headphones to enjoy realistic 3D VR audio
[appbox googleplay id=com.shakingearthdigital.vrsecardboard]
13. Netflix VR
Netflix alone has been the favorite app to keep in phone for years, it has now introduced a new app, Netflix VR, it is a must download to watch your favorite shows in VR mode.
- The more you watch, the more shows would be recommended to you.
- It only works for Daydream devices but Google Play will notify if your device is compatible or not.
- You need to have a Netflix subscription to take full advantage but once you take the subscription, enjoy your own private cinema in VR mode.
[appbox googleplay id=com.netflix.android_vr]
14. Magic VR Video Player –
It is one of the best VR Video Player for Android.
- It is light-weight and has good user interface and gives immersive VR experience.
- It fully supports 180° and 360° VR video, 3D stereo and mono video.
- It has advanced video rendering algorithm to support most popular VR glasses and phones.
[appbox googleplay id=com.magicvrapp.player]
See Also: 15 Best Free Movie Apps for Android
15. Discovery VR –
Are you an exploration junkie, have you spent your teenage watching awesome channel, discovery? If yes, then you should surely use this app.
- Come and fall in love with nature and take advantage of heart pounding adventures.
- With each day growing collection of 360 degree photos and videos, explore Mother Nature.
- Watch behind the scenes 360 degree videos of your favorite shows like Gold Rush, Survivorman and MythBusters.
- Get survival tips and reconnoiter sea like a shark.
[appbox googleplay id=com.discovery.DiscoveryVR]
These are the best VR apps for Android that you should surely install and experience VR explicitly. Try them and let us know which one works best for you.