The start screen in windows 8 has everything in one place and you can see the latest headlines, real time updates and all your apps in a glance. All live tiles and apps shortcuts are grouped together in multiple different columns. You can arrange tiles and group together in a way that makes more sense to you. You can create a different group for apps and name it which would be visible over the top of the grouping. Dragging a tile in a blank space on Start Screen creates a new group. And you can group apps and arrange in a way that makes things easy to find what you are looking for. Naming a group feature makes it quick to find what exactly you want.
Here’s how to name a group:
- Point your mouse to the lower-right corner of the start screen and click the minus sign.
- Right-click a group you want to name. A blue check mark would appear in the corner of the group.
- And select Name Group option in the bar that appears at the bottom of the screen.
- Enter a name you want to give the group and click Name.
- Now, click anywhere on the screen to return to regular Start Screen view.