Perhaps you don’t even know all gunk your PC has, and it’s getting larger with each passing day, slowing everything down. Your PC tends to accumulate lots of files with regular use- not just the ones you create and work with, but temporary files, a variety of system files and other items that you no longer need.
You may have fuzzy photos that you didn’t toss away, email you’ve filed and forgotten, old programs you never use, hidden files you don’t want and too many programs that set to launch at startup. Consequently, you have thousands of old, unwanted files-cluttering your hard drives.
In general, these forgotten files cause no harm to your PC, but they can become peskiest problem if you start running out of disk space. They can also eat up more storage space and time required for backups, slow down disk error-checking, virus/malware scans and other maintenance tasks, and clutter up your drive. Sometimes, junk files can even cause software conflicts, leading to crashes and other misbehavior.
In a nutshell, you have plenty of good reasons to clear off the junk from your PC regularly. Here are some suggestions for doing just that.
Why is my PC all gunked up?
System logs, caches, temporary files or more and can grow quite large depending on your usage scenario. Each time you run programs, install programs or use Internet, the traces of unwanted files and procedures are stored on your hard disk.
And also when you uninstall a program, it doesn’t touch to all that extra files stored apart from the program itself. So the associate files and orphaned registry entries remain same there on your PC, doing nothing but taking up precious disk space.
Junk files can appear just about anywhere, but a few locations specifically are junk magnets. Each time you download a file or a new program, it stores associated files, or several in your User folder.
It is quite tricky to figure out which files are useless; a file’s age alone may not bring out its importance or frequency of use. Luckily, Advanced System Optimizer can do this work for you, it helps you figure out how much junk your PC has and remove them in single click.
Your PC just not cluttered with unnecessary temporary files or remnants; but it is riddled with lot of registry files, duplicate files, unused plugins, long-forgotten files and more.
To give your PC a complete cleaning and get rid your PC of all this junk, there are a few other things you can try:
- You can identify and clean out invalid registry entries, missing file references or broken links using Registry Cleaner, improving PC stability.
- Duplicate Files Remover helps you find duplicate files anywhere on your PC and remove them, freeing up hard drive space.
- Uninstalling old applications you no longer use, is another way of cleaning out your PC and increasing its performance.
- You can quickly disable the browser add-ons including extra toolbars, extensions, etc. using Browser Cleaner- a feature of Advanced System Protector, freeing up resources.
- Caches store previously used data to help speed up common operations. Over time cache and log file could grow excessively, taking up disk space and causing all kinds of PC problems. You can remove them with Privacy Protector easily. Also Windows has series of log files can help diagnose crashes and other PC errors. Privacy Protector safely finds log and cache files on your PC and remove them.
When you are done with all cleaning, be sure to empty Recycle Bin to free up the space on your disk and increase significant speed.