Ransomware is the most sophisticated malware program. It locks out a user’s system, demands ransom, uses FBI’s logo and so on. We have been apprised with these facts till now. But there is much that this malware holds. It would be no exaggeration if we call this malware program a mystery.
Wherein, everyday a new update about Ransomware rolls out, there are still some facts that are uncharted. Here are some bizarre inside dopes about Ransomware that will blow your mind.
- Formulated back in late 1980s: Till now we have been assuming Ransomware as a newly born malware program. But if we thoroughly look into its history, then it is dated back in late 1980s. In the year 1989, first ever Ransomware with the name ‘AIDS’ triggered and attacked a user by claiming the expiration of a software. Much is not known about the user and the attack but it is clear that Ransomware has a ripened family.
- It travelled from Russia to US: Ransomware, though dated back to decades, it was proliferated in late 2000s. In 2009, it emerged in Russia and Eastern Europe and then travelled to Western Europe and States. The malware program has high impact on Germany, UK and France as well.
- Spreads at Accelerated Pace: Ransomware is one of the strongest malware program till date. This malware is spreading at an accelerating rate. Lately, almost every day a new type of Ransomware attack was seen. For instance, Locky Ransomware attacking at hospitals while SamSam at schools and Dogspectus to the Android devices.
- It has breached highest of securities: Initially Ransomware attacks were confined to windows PC. But early this year, it went on to breach Mac security with KeyRanger Ransomware, then bombarded itself on Android phones via Dogspectus Ransomware.
- Once it robbed $33,600 in a day: All of us are aware of the ransom demand of Ransomware. It has been reported on a security forum that once Ransomware mugged $33,600 in a day, and around 2.9% of users were compelled to pay the ransom. It usually demands $60 to $200 to provide decryption key for a system.
- Antivirus isn’t enough for Ransomware: Ransomware has been an unbreakable program. Once a computer is infected, there isn’t much that can be done. When talking about the precautions, this should be marked that only anti-virus doesn’t work out. You need to be vigilant and proactive in order to avoid its trap.
Right Backup app can rescue users from this cliché. It is an app which helps users create a backup of all their data in a few clicks. This backup is saved on cloud, an intact expanse to keep all data. The app has some vivid features which make the entire process easy and enjoyable.
- The app can be accessed from anywhere, at any time.
- Automatic backup option enabled to the app.
- User-friendly interface for easy handling of the app.
- Decryption keys are now Available: Many researchers have pulled up their socks and are trying to save innocent users from this bullying. In this course, a few decryption keys are invented.
User Alert: These decryption keys need not necessarily decrypt the Ransomware encryption. These too fail at times.
These are some of the not-so-popular trivial about Ransomware. Known more about this malicious malware here.