There was a time when transferring contacts from one phone to another was considered a tedious task. The users kept on manually typing names endlessly, phone numbers and other information. But the technology of smartphones has made it easier to transfer contacts.
See Also: Speed up your Slow running Android Phone
Regardless of the huge difference between these two operating systems, there are multiple ways to transfer contacts from iPhone to Android. Read out the methods given below:
Use an app
Use Right Backup Anywhere on your iPhone to transfer contacts easily on your Android device. Right Backup Anywhere is compatible with Android platform as well. It backups all the data on Cloud and offers easy restoration at desired location. Follow the steps below:
- Download and install Right Backup Anywhere in your iPhone and Android device.
- Create a backup of your contacts by clicking on “Backup Contacts” from your registered account.
- Once you have backed up your contacts from iPhone, take your Android device and login with the same account from it.
- Since the contacts have been already backed up, simply click on Restore contacts.
- This in turn, will create VCF file for your contacts.
- Import the contacts by selecting the desired location and you are done!
Not only your contacts will be transferred, but also backed up on Cloud safely so that you can refer to it anytime.
The use of Right backup Anywhere provides advantage of easy transferring of contacts as well as backup of data. You can also make use of other methods mentioned below:
Simply make use of Apple’s cloud system for accomplishing the mission of transferring contacts from iPhone to Android device. Follow the steps below:
- Open iCloud.com from your laptop or computer.
- Select the contacts that you want to export. You can either select the required one or can also Select All contacts in one go.
- Click on the gear and select Export vCard. The computer will download a VCF file. It will have a list of desired contacts.
- Now connect your Android phone to the computer. Copy the VCF file to the local storage space and import the contacts from the Contacts or People app.
- Contacts and People app allow you to add contacts from various sources. As you have saved contacts in SD card, make use of Import feature to fetch it from the storage source.
Import Via Gmail
If you use are fond of using Google services, then Gmail is the right choice for you to transfer your contacts. It is quite easy. It requires following steps mentioned in method 1. Follow the steps:
- Access iCloud.com with your computer or laptop.
- Select the desired contacts you want to save.
- Click on Select All option in the lower left to save the entire list of contacts.
- Click on the gear icon and select Export vCard.
- Your computer will download a VCF file containing the exported contacts.
- Once this has been done, Log in to your Google account.
- Click on the Gmail logo present at the top left corner of the dashboard.
- Select contacts.
- Click the “More” drop-down menu in Contacts and choose Import option.
- Click on Import again. The contacts will automatically sync to the Android device connected to this account.
Transfer with iTunes
If you are using an account service other than Gmail, you can transfer the contacts through iTunes on your Android phone. Follow the steps below:
- Download and launch iTunes.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer.
- Open the device’s summary page.
- Select the Info tab.
- Check “Sync Contacts With” and then select “Google Contacts”.
- Log in to your Google account.
- Ensure that your Android device is connected to the particular Gmail account that you logged in.
- Allow Google to sync your contacts to the Android phone.
These methods mentioned above are the easiest way to transfer contacts from iPhone to Android. No matter, how big your contact list is, follow any of the methods and get your contacts transferred painlessly!