With the Internet becoming affordable, it is fairly easy for people to access it. From individuals to businesses, all of them use devices connected to the internet for storing and processing data, entertainment and other miscellaneous purposes.
Computer is a significant device used by businesses and individuals alike to store and process crucial data. With data breach and malware attacks rising exponentially day by day, cybersecurity has become more significant than ever. Security agencies call malware removal tools the best way to get rid of malware. They strongly recommend users to install the best antimalware software for Windows to shield against virus, malware, hackers, spammers and other malicious attacks.
There are numerous malware scanner tools that detect virus and other problems with our computer and fix them. Also, the best anti-malware for Windows keeps our data secure while we surf online. But which malware protection tool should you select as there are bogus software too?
9 Best Antimalware Software For Windows 10, 8, 7 And Other Versions: –
In this blog, we have tried and tested top 9 antimalware for Windows 10, 8, and 7. We have judged them on parameters like reliability, cost, online protection, protection against various threats and user-friendliness. We have listed down their features below. Read on and pick one that match your requirements.
1. Advanced System Protector
Advanced System Protector, one of the fastest malware scanner and removal tool for Windows, has a powerful engine for scanning and removing malware and infected files from Windows. It runs on Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista and XP. Here are some of the best features of this malware removal tool: –
- Huge Database– It has a huge database of spyware that constantly gets updated. It helps to protect your PC from many new malware and virus.
- Scanning– It has multiple scanning modes. The user can choose any mode that meets their needs.
- It provides free and automatic updates at regular basis.
- Light-weight– The software is light on PC system resources. Thus, it doesn’t interfere with programs running on the background or on the PC.
- Secure web-browsing– It finds and removes the threat successfully making PC free of viruses. Also, surfing the internet is secured by Advanced System Protector.
It has a free version and the pro version costs $39.95. You will also get a Systweak PhotoStudio v2.1 free for lifetime if you order now. It possibly might be a limited-period offer.
2. Norton Antivirus Basic
One of the most affordable antimalware software for Windows, Norton Antivirus Basic is light on PC resources. The antimalware software for Windows costs $19.99. You can also buy it for less from various others websites like Flipkart. Here are some of the highlighted features: –
- Three-fold protection– It defends the PC in three ways. The first layer is URL blocker that keeps suspicious website away from you. The second layer is the file reputation service that removes any threat that was missed by the first layer. The last layer is the behavior monitoring algorithm that removes any suspicious intruder.
- Manual Scans– Users can manually scan the computer for viruses too.
- Efficient– It works quietly and effectively in the background without interfering with other programs.
Go for it. Even with all the necessary features, it certainly won’t burn a hole in your pocket!
3. Kaspersky Antivirus 2019
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2019 is a simple malware removal tool but provides the best security against viruses and malware. You can download its free version, but it provides only core protection from viruses. The pro version has all the other features that are $29.99*. If you want a backup disc, it will add up $9.95 to original cost i.e. $39.94. Here are some of the things we liked about this malware scanner and protection tool: –
- Filtrations– It filters the web and URL for suspicious threats and removes them easily.
- Blocks malware– It blocks and cleans all types of malware. Also, it insulates the system against all threats.
It doesn’t have many advance features but still protect can protect your PC against many cyber threats. It runs on Windows 10, 8, 7 and so on.
4. Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2019
Bitdefender has always created great antimalware software. Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2019 is even better. It is one of the best malware removal tool that also has a free trial version for 30 days. The pro version costs $29.99. The features you get for this price are justified. Here are some of the features that we found attractive in the malware scanner tool: –
- Reliable– Bitdefender Antivirus Plan 2019 is highly reliable. The reviews from many users state that it finds potential threats to the PC quickly.
- Secure Web surfing– It has made surfing web easy and secure with its robust web filters that don’t let the user access any suspicious website. Also, its secure web browser makes online transaction safe and out of the reach of malicious malware.
- Ransomware Protection– The 2019 plus edition has an added feature of ransomware protection. It helps to identify any malicious behavior well on time, thus, securing the Windows against a serious threat.
- Anti-phishing module for card protection– It has an anti-phishing module and robust password manager that assist the antivirus detection feature to safeguard the details of your cards. So, you can leave in your details and not worry about it getting hacked.
The only roadblock with this antimalware software is that it takes up a lot of resources, space, and power. It might affect the performance of your PC. But if its okay with you or your PC has a powerful rig, it’s best to shield up using Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2019.
5. G Data Antivirus
G Data Antivirus is developed by G DATA Software to protect Windows PCs against viruses, trojans, phishing and so on. Other than finding and removing threats, here are some of the features we liked the most about this significant malware protection tool: –
- Backup– It lets the user backup valuable data so it doesn’t get lost.
- Special browser– This is our favorite feature in the malware removal tool. It prevents infections from keyloggers and digital malware, while the user is online and doing transactions.
- Locks inappropriate content– It lets the user set a limit to the website content for kids or other family members. It’s great when kids use the Internet as it saves them for mature content.
The software is designed in three versions: –
- G Data Antivirus– It covers basic protection like safety against threat and cybercriminals and mail protection and so on. The cost for the same is $29.95.
- G Data Internet Security– It covers all the features of the above version. Additional features include automatic data backup and child lock. The price for the same is $39.95.
- G Data Total Security– Covers all the features provided by the above versions. Other advanced features are encryption of data, password manager and access control. The price for this is $44.95.
6. F-Secure Internet Security
F-Secure Internet Security like others on the list secures Windows against malware, viruses and other malicious activities. It is one of the best malware protection tool for Windows. The price of this software for one year is $49.99 for one device. You can add the number of devices covered under the plan, which will add up the amount. You can download the trial version that works for a month (30 days). Some of the lovable features are as follows: –
- Protection– It provides protection against virus and protects the users while browsing. It has a family protection feature too. All three makes sure that the system is not hacked and internet surfing is safe.
- Parental control– It lets the parents filter the content that their kids can see online. Also, they can set a password to limit the browsing time for other users.
- Other features– It also lets the user restore deleted files or scan emails.
This antimalware software for Windows doesn’t consume much memory of your computer. But, it may affect the performance of other programs running in the background.
7. Webroot Secure Anywhere Antivirus
Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus is the best anti-malware software for Windows when it comes to using resources of your PC. It is lightweight- installs in seconds, takes only a little storage space and doesn’t impact consume much RAM. The price of the software is $29.99, and you can also buy it from Amazon. Its features include: –
- Anti-phishing– Other than removing viruses, it has anti-phishing and anti-ransomware modules.
- Reliable– It is reliable and removes unwanted malware with ease.
- Identity theft– Webroot protects users from cyber-crimes and especially from identity theft.
- Other features– Includes password management, mobile security, and privacy protection.
Note: – As it is a cloud-based service, you will need to stay online while using it.
8. Escan Antivirus
EScan Antivirus runs on Windows 10, 7 and 8 and Vista. The malware scanner and removal tool has its own firewall that monitors inbound and outbound traffic for threats. It costs $ 29.95. Download its trial version for free from its official website. Here are its highlighted features: –
- Real-time scanning– It has got a powerful real-time scanning feature. It removes existing viruses and also list suspicious files in organized manner.
- Two protection modes– It has two modes-
- Keylogger Mode– It protects passwords and crucial data from malware.
- Gamer Mode– Lets the user enjoy games in full-screen without any disturbances.
Overall, it is a genuine malware scanner and removal tool that offers all basic features required to protect your PC.
9. Panda Antivirus Pro
We have always been a fan of Panda Antivirus Pro for the services it offers. This multi-talented antimalware for Windows has basic firewall and finds and removes the software before it harms the PC.
Panda Antivirus has some unique features like: –
- Virtual keyboard– It protects the user from serious keylogger scripts.
- Personal USB Boot– The software has the option for letting the user create a USB boot rescue drive. It is essential when you want to delete toxic infections from Windows.
It comes in four versions; they are free up to one month. The four versions are:
- Dome Essential– The price is $44.24 for one year. The features include protection against virus and personal firewall. It provides protection while using Wi-Fi for browsing and shopping. It also keeps USB drives secure and safe.
- Dome Advanced-The price is $53.24 for one year. Including the features of essential, it provides protection against ransomware and other viruses. It also has advanced features like parental lock and call blocker.
- Dome Complete– All the above features plus protection of data and managing password. It costs $80.24 for one year.
- Dome Premium– As the name suggests, it comprises the features of all the above three versions. Other advance feature includes unlimited technical support and anonymous online browsing. It costs $125.24 for one year.
There are the best antimalware software for Windows 10, 8, 7 PC. These software are tested under different categories, hence will definitely match your requirements. Securing data is crucial for both individuals and businesses alike. So, install any one of the Anti-Malware software on your PC and keep your computer virus-free.