What is Disk Cleanup?
Disk Cleanup is a computer maintenance utility present in Microsoft Windows operating system. It helps in freeing up space on the hard drive.
The Disk Cleanup process includes searching and analyzing the hard drive for files that are no longer needed. Once the files are analyzed, it allows users to preview the selected files for deleting. It then removes them and frees up disk space on the hard drive.
Why is Disk Cleanup important?
Disk Cleanup plays a significant role in increasing the lifespan and performance quality of any PC. With the continuous usage of computers, unnecessary temporary files, program files, internet cache files start accumulating in the system; taking up space and acting as a barrier to computer’s performance.
Disk Cleanup ensures regular maintenance and smooth performance by PC. Users try to run away from deleting files but it actually is an important task for maintaining the PC.
How to Perform Disk Cleanup on Windows 7/8/10?
Here is how to cleanup disk in Windows 7/8,
- Go to Start option and type Disk Cleanup in the search box. In the list of results, click Disk Cleanup.
- From the list of drives, select the one that you want to clean up and then click OK.
- A Disk Cleanup dialog box will appear asking you to select the file types that you want to delete. Tick against the file types and click Ok.
- A message will appear asking for deleting files. Click on Delete Files.
For cleaning up disk space on Windows 10, follow these steps:
- Search the Disk Cleanup from the taskbar and select it from the list of results.
- Under Files to Delete, select the file types that you want to delete. In the case of viewing the details of the file, select it and click OK.
- Confirm the deletion by clicking on Ok.
Please note that once the files are deleted from your computer through Disk Cleanup feature, it can’t be regained. Therefore, before deleting the files, check them twice and then delete carefully.
Well, in that case, why to take a potential risk of deleting important files by putting efforts and time? Bring to use the right tool to clean disk automatically.
The Solution- Disk Analyzer Pro
Disk Analyzer Pro is a hard disk management tool that helps in analyzing disk space on Windows. It is also available for Mac.
It is a disk cleanup tool that scans the hard drive thoroughly and provides the detailed overview of the overall space consumed by files and folders. It detects all the duplicate files, images, compressed files, temporary files, cache, and sort out all the files by their type, size, and date. It helps to retrieve wasted storage space.
The tool is compatible with all version of MS windows i.e. Windows 10, Win 8.1, Win 8, Win 7, vista, XP of both 32 bit and 64 bit.
The most beneficial feature of Disk Analyzer Pro is that you can schedule an overnight scan on your computer and the command-line scanner will automatically launch the disk search to give you the result at your next visit.
Download Disk Analyzer Pro and recover loads of space!