This article attempts to give a step by step illustration to configure Yahoo Mail on Outlook via IMAP.
But before configuring Outlook here are a few changes that you need to make in your Yahoo mail account.
Steps to Configure Yahoo mail on Outlook
- Log in your account and click on settings.
- Select “Account info” option.
- A new window will appear. In the left menu pane select “Account Security” and toggle “Allow apps that use less secure sign-in”.
Once you are done, close this window and open Outlook to configure your yahoo email account.
- Open Outlook 2013 and switch to File tab.
- Then, click on “Add account”.
- Select “Manual Setup or Additional Server types”.
See Also: How to Start Outlook in Safe mode
- Then in the choose services page select “POP or IMAP” and hit next.
- Now add the following user information and fill in your personal details.
- Click on “More Settings” and switch to “Outgoing Server” tab.
- Check option “My Outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication” and select “Use same settings as my incoming mail sever.
- In the same window switch to Advanced tab and verify the following:
Incoming Server (IMAP): 993
Incoming Sever Encrypted Connection: SSL
Outgoing Server(SSL): 587
Outgoing Server Encrypted Connection: TLS or Auto
Hit OK when finished.
- If you have entered the correct details, both the tasks will be completed successfully, you will see the following message:
- Click finish, you are now good to go.
Hope this article helps in configuring your yahoo mail on Outlook account. In case you face any trouble in executing above-mentioned points then, feel free to call us on our toll-free number 855-767-6710 (US, Canada) so that our support engineers can guide you through.