Failing to connect your Android device to Mac? Cannot transfer your data? Android file transfer not working on Mac? Well, if you constantly ask yourself these questions then you’re not alone! This is a generic problem faced by many Mac users. Google has provided us one useful tool called Android File Transfer to transfer photos, videos and files between the devices and systems — which at times isn’t much of a great help. Don’t worry. We have tried and accumulated some easy solutions which can fix this issue.
Let’s jump to the solution right away!
Step 1: Check USB Cable and Debug (if required)
- Try a different USB cable.
- Connect your device to a different computer and test the mini USB port on your Android phone.
- Connect some other Android device to the computer to test the USB port of the computer.
- On your Android device, turn on USB debugging and select the mode Media device (MTP).
Note: LG device users, may find this option under Camera (PTP) / Send images (PTP) mode ONLY.
Step 2: Mac Troubleshooting
Once you’re through with USB troubleshooting, now let’s proceed towards Mac:
- Check your system status whether software version is above Mac OS X 10.5 or later and Android 3.0
- Restart your Mac.
- Make sure the Android File Transfer Application is opened.
- Once you see this Window you can go ahead and start dragging files from your Mac to this Android File Transfer Window.
Step 3: Android Troubleshooting
- Update your Android operating system with the latest software version available.
- Reboot your device.
Hope this helps! Although if you’re still facing Android file transfer not working issue then you can try your luck and re-install the software again via this link.
How to use it
- Download the app via this link
- Open “androidfiletransfer.dmg”.
- Drag Android File Transfer file to Applications.
- Use the USB cable that came with your Android device and connect it to your Mac.
- Double click Android File Transfer.
If you need any further help on the same write us an email or leave your feedback in the comments section below so that we can come up with further solution.