Be it House of Cards or Narcos! Netflix is our one stop location when it comes down to watching our favorite movies or TV shows online. It contains a lot of content which includes all kinds of television shows, movies, and documentaries. Netflix also gives you the opportunity to create profiles for everyone in your family. Usually, a single Netflix account is usually shared by a bunch of people. But at times this feature is not suitable in all circumstances, especially when the content is not too child friendly and you feel the need of restricting some particular content. Thankfully, by parental control feature you can easily limit the viewership of your account.
Here’s how to lock your Netflix profile using a PIN code, to keep it away from others.
- Log in to you Netflix account.
- Click on your profile picture in the top-right hand corner of the Netflix browser window and select “Your Account” option.
- You will now see the “Parental Controls” link under settings.
- Here you need to enter your Netflix account password to get through to the next section.
- Once you enter your password, you’ll be followed to the next window.
- Here is where you can set the PIN code that prevents certain types of media from being played, based on their imposed ratings. Basically, there are four categories according to how these ratings get grouped into: Little Kids, Older Kids, Teens, and Adults.
- The PIN code will create a barrier so that your kids won’t be able to get through the next time they go to turn on a show (until you explicitly allow them to watch the content).
How to reset PIN?
Don’t worry if you if you have a habit of forgetting passwords time to time. If you forget your PIN code, at any point you can click on the “Forgot PIN?” option. You will be asked to fill in your account password and this will take you back to the main parental control window.
You May Also Like: Why Password Protection is an Obsolete Security Measure?
So this is how you can restrict the content of your Netflix account. This is what one can use to ensure no one else uses your profile. In case you face any trouble in executing the above mentioned points then feel free to contact us on our toll free number 855-765-6710 (US, Canada) so that our tech experts can guide you further.