Maintaining the hard disk is as essential as protecting your computer from malware and other infections. However, most of us ignore the importance of disk management that could have some serious implications on your computer’s health.
In the previous article, we talked about disk management and how to manage our hard disk by using in-built tool of windows. However, there are various software in the market which could help in managing partitions of the system and keep the system sorted.
Let’s talk about the best disk management software available in the market.
10 Best Disk Management Software for Windows
1. Easeus Partition Master Free:
The Ease US Partition Master Free is a freeware and is also one of the best disk management software which is available for free.
- It allows you to create, format, delete and convert partitions.
- It lets you move, resize and hide/unhide the partitions and keeps the data intact.
- It supports up to 4 .0 TB of hard disk.
- It has a distinctive feature to move OS to SSD. Get the Easeus Partition Master
2. MiniTool Partition Wizard:
Mini Tool Partition Wizard is one of the best disk management software which provides a simple user interface.
- It allows us to create, resize, delete, format and move, moreover, it also lets you to extend the partition.
- The Data Protection Mode, keeps your data safe while performing any editing on the partitions.
- It supports all major disk types, including SATA, SCSI, IDE and all USB external drives.
- It converts non-system disk from MBR to GPT and vice versa without data loss to support large drive or full OS. Get Minitool for free
3. Paragon Partition Manager:
It is one of the best disk management software which is available in both free and paid versions.
- The user interface is easy on the eye and
- With the free version, you can create, resize, copy and delete partitions.
- Paid version has more to offer such as Basic & Advanced Partitioning, virtual partitioning
- The software has a remarkable feature, Automatic partition alignment which automatically aligns partitions to increase performance of the HDD. Download Paragon Partition Manager here.
4. AOMEI Partition Assistant:
AOMEI Partition Assistant is yet another free application listed on the best disk management software.
- It allows you to manage disk, extend or resize a partition, merge two partitions, spilt a partition, move it from a place to another.
- It enables you to create a bootable drive.
- It also has a feature to convert disks from GPR to MBR and vice a versa. Download AOMEI Partition Assistant here.
GParted is a disk management software which not only supports Windows but also supports Mac.
- This software is considered as GNOME (desktop environment composed of free and open-source software that runs on Linux and most BSD derivatives) editor.
- You need Bootable device to use the software.
- It enables you to create, resize, copy and delete, convert hide and unhide partitions.
- It supports NTFS file system on Windows, FAT file system, and ext2, ext3, and ext4 file systems on Linux. It also offers data recovery option. Download GParted here.
6. Macrorit Disk Partition Expert:
Macrorit Disk Partition’s unsoiled user interface makes it one of the best disk management software.
- It functions just as the other application of its category like resizing, merging, splitting, formatting and much more.
- It provides you with the feature to convert the file system, disk surface checking.
- It doesn’t bog your system down when installed and it is also available as portable application, you don’t even have to download this app on the system. Get the App here.
7. Cute Partition Manager:
Just like GParted, this software also needs a bootable device to use it.
- It enables you to change the file system of a disk.
- It can edit, create, manage and delete partitions of the disk.
- The software enables you to use the HDD space to its maximum.
- It is easy to use and lets you check the changes made before saving them.
- You need to use keyboard during the whole operation as it is text based application. Download Cute Partition Manager here.
8. Active@ Partition Manager:
It is another best disk management software which available for free.
- It helps you to manage, create, delete, format storage devices and HDD partitions.
- It helps you to Initialize new disk as MBR or GPT or fix MBR (GPT) on damaged disk
- It converts MBR to GPT or GPT to MBR
- It is compatible with Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, 2003, 2008, 2012 Windows server. Get the App here
9. SMART Monitoring Tools:
Smart Monitoring is best disk management software for those who love to work command line tools interface.
- It enables you with everything that you need to manage your HDD.
- One command and boom you get to know the health of your machine.
- Though, it might be confusing for beginners or those who are unfamiliar with this interface. Get the App here
You May Also Like: 10 Best Disk Space Analyzer Software for Windows
10. Acronis Disk Director:
Last but not the least software in the list of best disk management software is Acronis Disk Director.
- Just like the other software mentioned in the list, it suffices for the basic use, formatting, resizing, creating and deleting.
- This software can come to use to delineate multiple hard disks, recover damaged volumes
- Converting partitioning schemes like MBR and GPT is a cake walk for the software.
- It has a unique feature- cloning which allows you to run your programs on a new partition in seconds. Download Acronis Disk Director
Windows provides us with a disk management tool but it is a basic tool doesn’t have the additional features like cloning, backup and recovery that these third party can provide you with. The listed software are some of the best disk management software available in the market. They efficiently do their work without the fear of data loss.
Don’t wait and download one of these software and started managing the hard drive to keep your system healthy.