Do you often connect your iPhone to the computer to update software or to transfer songs? If you have not turned it off manually then iTunes back up your iPhone when you connect it to the computer. It is always a good habit to keep backup of your iPhone but what if someday you want to delete your back up sets for some reasons or want to move it to another computer. In this article, we will tell you that how you can delete back up of your iPhone from your computer.
How to delete back up of your iPhone from iTunes
There are two methods of deleting iTunes back up from your computer.
Using windows explorer:
- If you are using a Windows computer, Open run dialog box by pressing Windows + R key on the keyboard.
- Now type %appdata% in run dialog box and hit enter. This will open AppDdata/Roaming folder in front of you.
- Now go to Apple Computer > MobileSync > Backup here is the back up of your iPhone.
- Do not rename or extract any files from this back up folder. If you want to move it to another location, simply copy the whole back up folder and move it to the other computer via flash drive or any other source.
- On another computer replace back up folder with the one you have just copied on your pen drive and it is done.
- To delete back up simply delete folders under backup folder.
Deleting an old back up via iTunes:
- Open iTunes on the computer and move to Edit>preferences.
- On device preferences tab click on devices tab you will find your iPhone backup listed.
- You can delete a backup by selecting it and by clicking delete backup.
Also Read: 10 Best GPS Tracking Apps for your iPhone
Please note that this method can only be used to delete existing backup sets.
This is how you can easily move or delete your iPhone back up. Hope it will make it easier for you to transfer your iPhone back up to another computer.