Two Factor Authentication(2FA) has become more of a necessity than security. Almost all major accounts now offer this added layer of protection to their accounts. And this time its Instagram!
While Instagram had made two-factor available to a select group of users previously, the extra layer of protection is now available to all users.
All you need to do us, fiddle with a few settings!
How to Enable 2FA on Instagram?
Here are the quick steps you need to follow:
- Open Instagram and go to your profile.
- Tap on the gear icon at the top right to get the “Options” screen.
- To enable two-factor authentication, you need link your phone number to your Instagram account. If you haven’t added a phone number already, tap on “Edit Profile”.
- Now under the “Private Information” Section, select the phone icon.
- Type your phone number and then tap “Next.” In a few moments, you’ll receive a confirmation code.
- Enter the code on the “Confirmation” screen, and then tap “Done” to add the phone number to your account.
Also Read: How to Download Instagram Photos on Computer
- Next, go to “Options” and tap “Two-Factor Authentication.” Enable the “Require Security Code” option.
- Toggle “Require Security Code” option and click on “Turn ON” button when prompted.
- You’ll again receive one confirmation code to your linked mobile number. Type that code on the “Confirmation” screen, and then tap “Done” to enable two-factor authentication.
- In case you’re not able to receive a text when you need to log in to your Instagram account, you also get five Backup Codes. We recommend taking a screenshot of the codes so they’re easy to find later. You can use each of these codes one time to log in to your Insta account.
- And it’s done! The next time you log in to your Instagram account, you’ll need to enter both your password and a security code.
Two-factor isn’t just a security measure, but it does make it that much harder for someone to illicitly access your account. So, follow these steps and secure your Instagram account right away!