Amazon which has already launched some revolutionary products and ideas such as Alexa, Prime, Fire TV, Kindle etc. is now in the news for a new way to shop on its site. Amazon Cash will now allow you to shop without the hassle of cards or real cash. All you need to do is to add physical cash to your Amazon account. Let’s take a look at how it’s going to work.
- First, you need to log in to your account on amazon.com
- Search for amazon cash and you will see a screen like this.
On this screen, you will also find a list of participating retailers.
- Next click on “Get your barcode”
- You will have two options either you can print your barcode or you can get the barcode as text message.
- Amazon cash will generate a barcode for you. You can show this barcode to a retailer listed on the website or on the copy of your barcode. You can do a single transaction between $15 to $500. This cash will be added to your Amazon account. The same barcode can be used if you want to add the cash next time to the account.
- You can check your account balance by clicking on “View your amazon balance” in the side panel.
- At the time, you are placing an order choose “amazon cash” as payment option.
With Amazon cash, the E-Commerce giant is trying to target people who still prefer cash transactions or do not have bank accounts. According to a report from FDIC around 27 percent of consumers still depend upon cash payments.
This service is similar to PayPal My Cash Card service by PayPal which allows you to add money to your account using your card. It also has Green dot powered barcode only service.
Amazon cash will let you enjoy easy and quick checkouts and the best part is there is no extra charges if you pay using amazon cash. Something you can’t avoid if you are using third party cash apps.
Your Amazon Shopping Experience just got a whole lot better!