Beware, your search history can reveal a lot about you!
And while we’re not trying to get you paranoid about hackers, but even advertising agencies make use of your search history. You might have often noticed even if you look for a pair of sunglasses on Google, the next minute the webpage gest crowded a with a bunch of ads all over it. It keeps getting displayed—until you finally buy it, which is hell annoying!
Google knows quite a lot about you based on your search history. Fortunately, it provides to get rid of search history as well. You can easily delete your entire search history by just making a few tweaks with settings.
Here’s all you need to do!
How to Delete Google Search History?
Google saves all you search history under My Activity page.
- Firstly, open the myactivity.Google.com page to have an overview of all the information which Google holds about you.
- Now to clear your history, click on the hamburger menu on the upper left-hand side of the google.com page (that’s the three horizontal bars next to “Google”), and click on “Activity Controls” in the side menu.
- Under the first item, Web & App Activity, click “Manage Activity.” You’ll see all of the items you searched for, and if you use Android and Chrome with the account you’re signed into, all of the apps and websites you visited as well.
- To delete absolutely everything here, click the three-dot menu in the top blue bar, then click “Delete activity by.”
- From this page, you can delete all your activity for all monitored searches, websites, and Android apps. Under “Delete by date,” select “All time.” You can leave the default “All products” selected, or choose only “Search” to delete just your Google search history.
- And it’s done!
Following the above steps will help you delete Google Search History.
Just keep in mind that Google uses tracking on Search and all its other services to refine your personal search results, among other things. So, if you’re systematically clearing out all of the historical data from your Google account, don’t be alarmed to see the search results being affected by it.
Enjoy Ad-Free Browsing J