Sometimes, you are fed up of spam emails and advertisements from shopping websites or you just don’t use your old Gmail account anymore, or suspect that your account has been compromised. In such cases, you can delete that Gmail account and still keep your YouTube and Google Accounts intact.
Turns out it’s quite easy to delete your Gmail account. But before deleting the account please make sure that you have unsubscribed the services associated with it and have notified your bank and changed your email address in their records. Moreover, you need to download or store emails which you might need in future
Follow these steps and delete your Gmail account.
- Sign in to your Gmail account
- Click on 3*3 grid and choose My account.
- You will directed to My account page, click on Delete your account and services.
- Click on Delete Products.
- It will prompt for your password, sign in.
- Select Gmail and click on the trash icon to delete.
See Also: How to Configure Yahoo Mail on Outlook?
- As soon as, you click on Trash icon, you will get this pop-up window
- Enter an email address, it can be of any domain other than Google. Click on Send Verification Email.
- Soon, you will receive an email with the Subject line, “Security alert for your linked Google account” or “Gmail Deletion Confirmation”. on the mentioned email address. You need to click on the deletion link in the body of the email.
- You might need to login once again to the Gmail account you are deleting.
- You will receive a confirmation message like below:
After deleting this account, you can sign in to Google with the alternate account chosen.
These are the steps needed while deleting a Gmail account. Although, you might wonder, if you can access that account again. Well, the answer is no, as the deleted account along with e-mails are gone forever. Also, you or any other person cannot use the same username again.