Privacy is all we need, whether it is our house or our computer. Many of us are not aware that we are constantly being trailed by websites. All browsers provide an option to go incognito and surf and the ability to wipe out potentially confidential leftovers of your browsing session in a few seconds. The history saved on website server is something that we can’t control. They monitor every activity like your browsing habits, the link you clicked, the pages you visited and more.
Fortunately, there is a solution to it. You can opt out of this.
Ways to enable and manage Do Not Track is different from browser to browser. In this article, we will discuss how to disable browsers from tracking your internet activity.
Let us start with Internet Explorer, then Chrome and Firefox.
1. Internet Explorer:
To enable Do Not Track in Internet Explorer, please follow the steps:
- Open the browser.
- Navigate to Gear icon, Tools window, which you will find on top right hand corner. Click on it.
- You will get a drop-down menu, hover your mouse cursor over “Safety”.
- A sub-menu will appear, if you see Turn Off Do Not Track requests.
- Then the feature is enabled already. (In IE 11, the feature is already on by default)
To enable Do Not Track in Chrome, follow the steps:
- Open Chrome and click on three dots on the top right hand corner.
- From the drop-down list, select Settings.
- You will be directed to page with all chrome settings.
- Scroll till the end of the page, click on Show Advanced Settings.
- Under Privacy, you will get an option Send a “Don’t Track” request with your browsing traffic, check on the box in front of it.
Tada it is done!
- Open Firefox browser.
- Click on Horizontal lines on right hand top corner, you will get a drop down menu, select Options.
- You will be directed to Options page, there will be a list on left hand side, select Privacy.
- You will see Tracking Protection, check on the box if unchecked.
- Click on Manage Do Not Track Settings and you will get a pop-up window.
- Check on the box in front of Always Apply Do Not Track
To enable Do Not Track in Opera browser, follow these steps –
- Open your Opera browser.
- Click on the Opera button, located in the upper left hand corner of your browser window.
- The drop-down menu will appear, choose Settings.
- Opera’s Settings interface will open in a new tab. Click on the Privacy & securitylocated in the left menu panel.
- Under the Privacy section, do a check mark next to the option Send a ‘Do Not Track’ request with your browsing traffic.
5. Maxthon Cloud Browser:
To enable Do Not Track in Maxthon Cloud Browser, follow these steps.
- Open Maxthon browser.
- Click on the Maxthon menu button, three horizontal lines in the upper right hand corner of the browser window.
- A drop-down menu will appear, click on Settings
- Maxthon’s Settings page will open in a new browser tab.
- Select the Web content from the left menu panel
- Navigate to Privacy
- Make sure, you have checked on checkbox besides Tell websites I do not want to be tracked
These are a few steps to secure your privacy and browse internet without any tension of getting tracked! You can follow the steps for the browser you use to disable your browser from tracking your internet activity.