In many cases, you may require to unpair your Apple watch from your Apple device. Especially if you have multiple iOS devices and you want to pair your watch with another device or if you have a new Apple watch. In such case it becomes important to unpair and reset the old watch to prevent notifications from apps being sent to the wrong watch.
Here is how you can unpair the Apple watch-
- Launch Watch app on your iPhone.
- Now Tap on My Watch tab at the bottom, if you’re not already there.
- Tap on the Watch you want to unpair at the top.
- Next Tap on the Info(i) button to the right of the Watch details.
- Now to unpair an Apple watch Tap on Unpair Apple Watch.
- Next Tap on Unpair [Watch name] to confirm.
- It will ask your Apple ID Password to remove activation lock.
It will take few minutes to back up your Apple watch and to unpair it. After this your Apple watch, will reset and become empty as you have just unboxed it.
If you do not have an Apple device with which the watch was paired, then too you can reset Apple watch by following these steps.
- Launch the Settings app on your Apple Watch.
- Tap on General.
- Tap on Reset.
- Tap on Erase All Content and Settings.
- If you have enabled passcode it will ask for passcode. Type in your passcode.
- Tap on Continue to confirm the reset.
Now your Apple watch is ready to Pair with another device or if you want to handover it to someone else then now you can do it safely. You should also unpair your apple watch if you know that you are not going to use it for a long time.