Have you ever come across the situation, when you really want to get your deleted files back? You wish that you would have not performed Shift+ Delete action on your Windows 10 and your file (photos, audios, videos, documents etc) would have been still there on the computer. You already checked your recycle bin and still couldn’t recover permanently deleted files in windows 10. There seems to be no help when it comes to deleted files.
Well, having said that, there are a few ways to retrieve deleted files in Windows 10.
Isn’t this news a sight for sore eyes and sweet music to your ears?
There might be a question in your mind; If the files could be recovered, that means they are still on the computer then why there are not visible here?
When a file is deleted from a computer, it removes the reference to the file on the hard drive. Once that reference is removed, the computer can no longer see the file. The space taken by the file is empty and is no longer readable by the computer. However, it’s still on the hard drive, at least until another file is saved to the same location.
So, Don’t worry! You can recover permanently deleted files like photos, audios, videos, documents etc on your computer with or without a special recovery software.
Recover Permanently Deleted Files in Windows 10 With Software
Advanced Disk Recovery tool is software to rely on when it comes to recover accidentally deleted data. You can restore any file or folder on your Windows PC.
To recover, follow these steps:
- Install and launch the Advanced Disk Recovery tool on your Windows PC.
- Select the location from where you want to recover deleted file or folder.
- Now select the Drive and click on ‘Start Scan Now’
- You will be provided with two options, Quick Scan and Deep Scan.
- Quick Scan will scan master file tables quickly whilst Deep scan will do profound scanning.
- After the scan is completed, you will see the list of deleted files in red font. Click on any deleted file and then on ‘Recover’ button.
- Select a location where you want to store the file or folder after recovery and click on ‘Ok’ button.
Recover Permanently Deleted Files in Windows 10 Without Software
To recover the shift deleted files, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the folder or the location where the file was stored before being deleted.
- Make a right click on the folder and select the option “Restore previous versions”.
- You will get an option to recover the folder.
If you don’t see an option “Restore previous versions”, don’t panic, here’s what you going to do –
- Navigate to Control Panel, or type Control Panel in Run Window(Windows Key and R together).
- Go to System >System Protection (on the left hand side of the panel)
- Turn on System Protection.
- You will see the options to Turn on protection on available drives.
- Select a drive and click on configure.
- Click on “Restore system settings and previous versions of files” and click on “OK”.
- Now you will see the “Restore previous versions” on a particular folder.
Now repeat the aforementioned steps to Restore previous versions.
If you are lucky enough you will get your files, so don’t lose hope as there is still a way. You can use third party software to do the job for you. One of the best software for this task is Advanced Disk Recovery tool which will recover your permanently deleted files in Windows 10 in a few clicks. Download Advanced Disk Recovery from the button below-
These are the methods to retrieve your precious but accidentally deleted files. Go on, try these and let us know what worked for you.