Skype is one of the best video calling software used by billions. It is designed by Microsoft and Skype Technologies. It’s not just a freemium product but also has clutter-free interface, which makes it extremely popular.
However, sometimes it frustrates you when it reduces the volume of your system. Well, it is a myth, it is not Skype who’s the culprit but your Windows.
So, the question is, how to stop your Windows from doing so, not how to stop Skype from lowering your computer’s volume.
Here, in this article, we will discuss the same.
Follow these steps to resolve the issue –
- Turn on your Computer.
- Open Control Panel (press Windows and R key to open Run Window and type Control Panel)
Note: You can also go to Start menu and type control panel in the search box to open Control Panel.
- Control Panel dialog box will open on your system. Select “Sound” settings. If the options available are not shown in Large Icons, then first select “Hardware and Sound” then Sound Settings.
- When you click on the Sound option, then you will see a Sound pane on your screen containing multiple tabs under it. On the Sound pane, select the “Communications” tab.
- Under “Communications” tab, the options available to check mark are, “Mute all the sounds”, “Reduce the volume of other sounds by 50%”, “Reduce the volume of other sounds by 80%”, and “Do Nothing”
- “Reduce the volume of other sounds by 50%” is the option set as default, select “Do Nothing” and press OK to save changes. These steps will change the way your system behaves the next time; you make a Skype call.
So, this is the quickest and easiest method to stop your Skype from lowering down your computer’s volume during conference calls or chatting sessions on Skype.
Now that, this myth is debunked, you should try this method and get rid of the problem once and for all.
This quick video will help you understand the steps better.