We all love to click photos with our smartphones as they are loaded with several ‘smart’ camera features. But when you click a photograph with your smartphone, it also stores a lot of additional details. When you send these photos to someone, this information also gets shared along with the image.
This stored information is known as EXIF data or Metadata. And after knowing this you may want to remove EXIF data from your images before sending them to someone. In this article, we will help you understand what is EXIF data and how you can remove/edit it.
What is EXIF data?
EXIF stands for Exchangeable Image File Format. Whenever you take a picture with your camera phone or digital camera, a file (Normally a JPEG) get stored to your device’s storage. In addition to the details in the picture, it records a supplemental metadata as well. Which includes date, time, camera settings, and possible copyright information and location on some devices. You can also add further information with the help of a software.
How to remove EXIF Data or Edit Metadata:
If your purpose is to remove EXIF data from the images on your Mac then there is no simple work around all you need to do is to download a third-party software.
So here is how you can remove EXIF data on your Mac using a third party software for Mac.
You can download Photos EXIF editor from Systweak software for Mac below.
Here are some key features of this application.
- You can remove EXIF data from thousands of images in almost no time.
- It Supports various common image formats including RAW format.
- Automatically creates back up of the original metadata of the photo when writing
- The interface of the application is very user friendly and easy to understand.
Here is how you can use this application.
- Once you are done with the download and installation of the application simply drag and drop the folder or photos that you need to edit.
- Another way to import images in bulk is to browse for the folder in which images are placed.
- After the import is done you can choose for the EXIF editing options. In the dropdown application is having several options for EXIF data editing.
- After entering the relevant information, click ‘Start Process’ to proceed further.
- Once the process is complete click “Save Output” your photos will now have edited metadata.
- The best part about this application is that it back up your original photos. So, you can always restore them whenever it is required.
Congratulations! You have successfully removed EXIF data using the best EXIF data remover for mac. Now you can boldly share your images with anyone without worrying about sharing personal information.
On Windows, it is comparatively simpler to remove EXIF data without the help of any third-party software. So here is how you can do this in some simple steps.
- Download image on your Windows computer.
- Right click on the image and navigate to properties.
- No go the details Tab and click on “Remove properties and personal Information”.
- On the Remove Properties and personal information window, you can create a copy of your photos with “all possible properties” removed or, you can click “remove the following properties from this file” and choose which properties you want to be removed from the image.
- That’s all you have successfully removed photo EXIF data.