Taking photos is the most common and popular way to keep memories alive and that’s why we usually take tons of shots to take a perfect click from different angles. With the accessibility of technology, nowadays pretty much every digital camera stores all the information into the image file such as date, time, place, camera, etc. when we take a photo.
This information is known as Exif data (Exchangeable Image File Format). Moreover, when you post your photos online, a lot more information along with it is shared too. However, if you’re looking forward to removing this data before uploading your pictures, then you must use exif data remover and editor apps that will allow you to edit and change the data as per your convenience.
But modifying this data is quite tedious and difficult task when you try to do so manually, without using any specialized tools. So, we have picked 7 best exif data remover and editor for Mac that will make your life easy and simple.
How To Remove Exif Data On Mac
1. Photos Exif Editor
Photos Exif Editor is developed by Systweak Software which easily edits EXIF, IPTC & XMP data of thousands of photos in no time. This is a powerful tool that automatically creates back up of the original metadata of the photo.
Features of Photos Exif Editor:
- The app supports numerous image formats including RAW and TRG format.
- You can set photo modification or original date-time from EXIF information.
- It allows you to select the batch of photos to delete the metadata or you can also delete metadata manually.
Also Read: 10 Best Duplicate MP3 Finder for Mac
2. Metadata Editor
With Metadata Editor, you can view and edit metadata of your photos of all the popular formats such as JPEG, BMP, TIFF, PNG, GIF etc. This program allows to view metadata from hard disc as well as directly from the Internet without intermediate copying to the hard disc. Metadata Editor uses the operating system tools for metadata access and editing, so EXIF tools are not used. EXIF 2.3 standard is supported completely.
Features of Metadata Editor:
- It allows you to edit the metadata of your pictures in no time. ?
- It is a simple to use and neat program.
- It supports EXIF, AUXEXIF, TIFF, GIF, and IPTC.
Also Read: 10 Best Browsers For Mac
3. Exif Editor
Exif Editor is a powerful yet useful one of the best Exif data remover and editor for Mac that allows you to edit metadata in directly your photos. You can use this software when you don’t to share your personal information with your customers and unknown people. It has smooth and accurate batch processing.
Features of Exif Editor:
- Exif Editor support almost all the file formats like JPEG, TIFF, Canon CR2, Olympus ORF Leaf MOS, Fuji RAF, Phase One IIQ, SONY ARW, etc.
- You can change multiple photos metadata in real time.
- It is available in different languages such as Czech, French, and Simplified Chinese.
4. Image Exif Editor
Image Exif Editor is a is a handy tool capable of handling the EXIF information in your favorite images. Like other apps. It is also designed to present as many details about how a photo was taken in a clear and easy to understand format with powerful EXIF metadata editing capabilities.
Features of Image Exif Editor:
- It allows you to redo edit when you change your mind to give up your edit, and you can clear all by clicking the clear all button in the batch operation area.
- You can easily find the edited field by a different color and also identify the edited image by image state icon.
- Unlike other apps, it allows to check out the exact location where your photo was taken, and you can easily drag a pin to change a new place for your photo taken.
Also Read: 10 Best Backup Software For Mac
5. Batch File Date Changer
Just as the name implies, this is a Batch File Date Changer app that is useful for adjusting date time or attributes stored within your digital photos. It enables the batch modification of multiple photos from the multiple folders at the same time.
Features of Batch File Date Changer:
- It is an easy to use tool which proposes a quick solution for editing date and time of photos or files.
- It is a powerful tool that comes with additional features and options such as filters.
- The app is folder and subfolder supported.
EXIFPurge is one of the best Exif data remover and editor for Mac that removes EXIF metadata from multiple images at once. The best part about Purge is, it does not affect your original photos and create a new folder to save the cleaned photos which you can share easily on the web.
Features of EXIFPurge:
- You can remove the camera, location and other technical information from a batch of photos with the one tap of your finger.
- It has the user-friendly software.
- It is a portable application which you can carry in your USB pen drive.
AnalogExif is another best exif data and remover software that is a perfect metadata editor for the scanned films and DSC-captured digital images. You can do unlimited modification of the most EXIF, IPTC and XMP metadata tags for JPEG and TIFF files in the software.
Features of AnalogExif:
- It can perform batch operations i.e. copy metadata from another file, auto-fill exposure number.
- It is only available in English.
- It has customizable sets of the supported metadata tags.
Also Read: How To Edit Or Remove EXIF Data From Photos
So, these were the best EXIF data removers and editors that can organize your pictures with ease.