Being a parent in this technological era is not an easy task and especially, when you have to keep an eye on kids 24*7, 365 days. Internet is certainly the most powerful tool in the world. It not only connects people worldwide but also keeps us abreast on latest issues and developments. However, it becomes difficult to check out what your kids are doing whenever they are using your smartphone.
Thankfully, parental control apps make it possible for you to check what websites your kids can access. In fact, you can decide what websites they can visit and what not.
Also Read: How To Set Up Parental Controls On Your Mac
Today, we are going to discuss the 8 best parental control apps for Android users that will allow you to filter inappropriate content, cyber bullies, and criminals. So, let’s get it started.
1. SecureTeen Parental Control
SecureTeen Parental Control app helps monitor and filter your child’s web activities. You can keep a tab on apps they download on their cell phones & tablets and keep you informed about their location. The app also helps you to filter out all the cheesy and harmful content so your teens of impressionable age can enjoy all the good that web has to offer.Let’s check out its features now:
- It allows you to set a time limit for your child’s screen time.
- It keeps an eye on your child’s online presence.
- You can track all Facebook activity and get alerts for suspicious friends & posts.
Rating: 3.5 Stars
2. Parental Control Light
Parental Control Light is the most powerful content filtering protection tool that helps you to get safe filtered Internet for your child with any of our preset or custom defined protection profiles. With Parental Control Light, you can set daily and weekly limits for the time your child can spend surfing the Internet or using apps offline. Now, let’s check out its features:
- The app allows you to manage multiple accounts from your device or remotely online.
- You can get protection against the harmful text, image, and video content with real-time inspection and filtering.
- You can get alerts on new installs, unapproved install attempts, and content blocking.
Rating: 4.8 Stars
3. MMGuardian Parent App
MMGuardian Parent App is one of the best parental control apps for Android users. This tool is useful to protect your kids from cyberbullying and sexting, web filtering aside from managing screen time and blocking apps or games. Now let’s check out its features:
- You can block calls and texts from certain contacts and keep your teens & pre-teens safe.
- It allows you to lock/unlock the child’s phone with a simple button press.
- You can quickly locate your child’s phone and check the location on a map.
- The app makes sure that only parents will get an alert when certain key words are matched in the SMS.
Rating: 4.4 Stars
4. ShieldMyTeen Parental Control
ShieldMyTeen Parental Control is a web filtering and device monitoring tool that is designed to filter out harmful content. The app gives you the ability to monitor text messages, calls and location of the child. Let’s check out its features:
- It allows you to blocks, crime, porn, gambling, drugs, alcohol, and many other categories of inappropriate websites.
- It provides password-protected access to ensure reliability.
- The app allows you to monitor text messages and calls details remotely from a web based dashboard.
Rating: 3.5 Stars
5. ESET Parental Control
With ESET Parental Control, you can manage your child’s online activities so they can enjoy safer technology every time and every day. Let’s check out its features now:
- You can easily set screen time limits for your child’s usage.
- It provides a summary of child’s device usage and online activity.
- It has a user-friendly interface that helps you to easily block inappropriate apps or websites.
Rating: 3.4 Stars
Also Read: 5 Best Rooting Apps For Android 2017
6. Protect Kid Parental Control
Protect Kid Parental Control helps you to manage the screen time of your children have on their phones and tablets. The app has powerful tools to block apps, set time limits and filter inappropriate websites by configuring our safe browser. Let’s check out its features now:
- The app allows to enable night mode, so your child will not be able to access the internet in the night.
- You can use block in-app purchases and paid services in the app. So, that you child will not be able to purchase any paid application without your permission.
- This app organizes thematically related apps such as games or social apps into groups.
Rating: 3.5 Stars
7. KidPad Parental Control
KidPad Parental Control is another one of the best parental control apps for Android that helps you to set up the hours, days and time that will be available for your child to use the tablet or smartphone. You can select the application you want them to access. Let’s check out its features now:
- It allows you to block incoming /outgoing calls and SMS with a single tap of your finger.
- You can lock or unlock certain apps for a specified period.
- The menu of KidPad Parental Control is available in English, French, German, Spanish, Turkish, Russian and Ukrainian.
Rating: 3.8 Stars
8. Kids Place Parental Control
Last but not the least, Kids Place Parental Control app protects your personal data and restricts kids from downloading new apps, making phone calls, texting or performing other actions that can cost you money. Let’s check out its features now:
- It allows you to custom home screen displays only apps that parents have authorized.
- You can prevent kids from buying paid apps and order online without our consulting you.
- This app is appropriate for children of all ages – babies, toddlers & teenagers.
- It supports multiple User Profiles.
Rating: 4.0 Stars
Also Read: 10 Best Free Network Monitoring Software
Using these best parental control apps not only keep tabs on your kids’ online activities but also keep them safe from inappropriate content and online fraud. So, keep using these apps and protect your kids online!