As much as we live and breathe, we use the Internet. With the advancement in technology, almost everyone uses Internet on their smartphones. As the Internet has become an integral part of our lives, we communicate via chat, video and audio calls with friends and family all over the world, hence spending the data here and there but with showering our love, we also need to keep a check on your data limit. Isn’t it annoying?
Well, what if you can get rid of this hassle by downloading an app. Data Monitoring apps are very popularly used to track and monitor the data usage and helps us to not exceed the data limits.
Must Read: 10 Best Android Cleaning Apps 2017
As there are several apps on Play Store to choose from, to ease up the task, we have listed some of the best free data monitoring apps for Android in 2017.
10 Best Apps To Monitor Data Usage On Android Phone
1. Check Data Usage
Check Data Usage app is portable data monitoring app that keeps a track on where and how much Mobile and Wifi Internet data is spent. It is a useful application that manages and measures your data usage on daily basis.
Features Of Check Data Usage
- It indicates the apps hogging memory on your phone and you can use optimize internet option to free up the memory and save your data.
- You can set your data plan easily with the app. All you need to do is tap Set Data Plan option and insert your plan. Now, set your daily limit and it is done.
- It also cleans cache and manages your RAM to boost your device’s performance
2. Traffic Monitor
An all in one app, Traffic Monitor is one of the best data monitoring apps for Android as it not only monitors App Data Usage but also allows you to do a speed test, check signal quality and provides network info.
Features of Traffic Monitor:
- The speed test feature shows the speed and latency of your UMTS, Wifi network and LTE and on a speedometer, separated into upload, download and ping speed.
- The coverage map displays the network availability depending on your current position.
- It has an integrated task manager which shows you all running apps in a list and enables you to close memory-consuming apps.
3. My Data Manager
My Data Manager is an app that not only tracks your daily data usage but also alerts you when you exceed data limit, making it extremely useful.
Features of Data Manager:
- It tracks and monitors your data usage on mobile, Wifi and roaming.
- It tracks the remaining call minutes and number of text messages left.
- It allows you to customize alarms to avoid the overage charges and bills.
4. Data Usage Monitor
A user-friendly app with a simple interface, Data Usage Monitor is one of the best free data monitoring app for Android.
Features of Data Usage Monitor:
- It helps you to accurately measure your daily data traffic and also warns you when you are the verge of exceeding your data limit.
- It measures the usage of data via Wifi and mobile displayed in graphs which make analyzing it easy.
- It keeps a history of the data used throughout the day
Must Read: 5 Best Rooting Apps For Android 2017
5. Opera Max
A smart data managing assistant, Opera Max is also one of the best ways to save your data, manage your apps and shield your security.
Features of Opera Max:
- Opera Max not only tracks your apps’ data usage and but also provides advice on reducing the wastage of data and saving you money.
- It offers you a tailored savings tool for Facebook and it also has compression tool which extends your time on YouTube, Instagram.
- It uses secure and encrypted connections when on public Wifi to ensure your personal information is protected.
6. Network Connections
One of the best free data monitoring app for Android, Network Connections is a tool that displays and tracks all inbound and outbound connection from and to your Android device.
Features of Network Connections:
- It displays a notification when hidden apps are connecting to remote servers.
- It displays detailed information for each connection – IP address, reverse resolving (PTR), AS number, Abuse RBL data, administrative information, etc.
- You can keep the record and export the captured data usage.
7. Data Usage
Data Usage is a popular data usage app available for multiple platforms and has also basic features of Data Monitoring app.
Features of Data Usage:
- It monitors Mobile Data and Wifi in real time.
- It works with any carrier and has an ability to track over time periods that match a user’s billing cycle
- It keeps historical usage reports and has the ability to set thresholds and receive notifications for exceeded limits.
8. 3G Watchdog
Yet another best Data Monitoring application, 3G Watchdog that monitors your Mobile and Wifi Internet data usage.
Features of 3G Watchdog:
- It counts your Mobile (4G / 3G / Edge / GPRS) & WiFi usage and displays it as a graph, text, and table.
- It displays your current usage status as a notification icon (green/orange/red) in the status bar.
- It enables you to get the historical data for the plan or the day usage with CSV export/import.
Must Read: 5 Best Android Apps For Business 2017
Onavo is an app that promises to safeguard you from huge data bills.
Features of Onavo
- It not only monitors but also controls the data usage
- It is easy to set up and has a simple interface with automatic blocking tools.
- It also notifies users about apps they’ve downloaded and have been hogging most of the data.
10. Internet Speed Meter Lite
Last but not the least, Internet Speed Meter Lite displays the internet speed in status bar and shows the amount of data used in the notification panel.
Features of Internet Speed Meter Lite
- It monitors your traffic data for last 30 days.
- It separately keeps a track on Mobile network and Wifi network and displays the real time speed change in status bar and notification.
- It doesn’t consume much battery.
These are some of the best free data monitoring apps for Android in 2017. Try them and let us know which one is your favorite data usage tracker app.
Next Read: 12 Best Call Recording Apps For Android 2017
Watch this space to know about the best applications for Android, ios, Windows, and Mac.