Saying that we’re spending way too much time on social media would still be an understatement. Since the Smartphone revolution these stats have risen even higher. Day or night, whether we’re at home or vacation, or at a café, we just can’t do it without the social media. Be it posting statuses on Facebook, clicking pictures of our recently cooked meal on Instagram, or snapping last night party scenes on Snapchat—this is all we wanna do!
In all this, mobile data plays a crucial role. Social media is nothing without Internet! The 3 most frequently used social media accounts worldwide are Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat—the culprits hogging your entire mobile data plan. So is there a way to limit data usage on these accounts? Yes, of course we’re not asking you to stop using these services as we have a much better solution for you!
How to Turn ON Data Saving Mode on Facebook
Starting with Facebook, follow these steps to limit the data usage of your account.
- Launch Facebook app and log into your account.
- Tap the “More” tab on the top right corner of the screen.
3. Scroll down below and select “Data Saver” option.
4. A new window will appear, here you need to toggle the “Data Saver” switch to ON.
Once you toggle this switch a new option will appear underneath “Always Turn OFF Data Saver on WiFi”. Enabling this option will always turn ON the Data Saver mode automatically when you start using mobile data instead of Wi-Fi.
Must Read: How to Unchain Facebook Account from AnApp
How to Use Less Data on Instagram
You must have often noticed that the Instagram videos starts loading automatically as you scroll through the feed. So, if you wish to restrict the data usage on Instagram here is what you need to do:
- Launch Instagram and head onto your profile page.
- Tap the small gear icon to open settings.
- Scroll further and select “Cellular Data Use”.
- Toggle the “Use Less Data” switch.
How to Enable Data Saving Mode on Snapchat
To enable the data saving mode on Snapchat follow these steps:
- Launch Snapchat and tap the profile icon.
- Now tap the settings icon (small gear shaped) on the top right corner of the screen.
3. Select “Manage” under “Additional services” section.
4. Toggle the “Travel Mode” ON.
So folks, here were a few ways how you can take more control of data usage on your favorite accounts. A Smartphone without data is just a stupid device. We understand how crucial mobile data is for operating and managing social media accounts. So hope this read proves to be pretty useful for you all!