The much-awaited iOS 11 was finally rolled out officially by Apple. The update is available to download for iPhone and iPad users across the globe.
The updation process is pretty simple. Just check for software updates, hit the download button and have the latest iOS version installed on your device. Users who are unsure about whether their iOS devices support the install or don’t know how to install this update, read this article to find everything you need.
See Also: iOS 11: Here Is All You Want To Know
Apple iOS 11: File Size, Compatible Devices
The size of Apple iOS is about 1.9GB. So, if your phone is a 16/32GB phone, make sure that you have enough space for the iOS to be installed. If you are running short on space, try deleting unused apps or bulky media files.
Users can also navigate to Settings > General > Storage to see the amount of space occupied by installed apps. Application that are occupying major amount of space and are unrequired can simply be uninstalled to make some extra room for the software update.
Here is the list of compatible devices:
- iPhone 8 series, iPhone 7 series, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 and iPhone SE, iPhone 5S.
iOS 11 update is not available for users having Apple iPhone 4S, 5 and 5C.
- Apple iPad Air and the later version can install iOS 11 update. iPad Pro series will also have the update available to download.
However, if you have iPad 4th Gen, iOS 11 update is not available on your device.
- Apple iPad Mini Series 4,3 and 2 are eligible candidates for the iOS 11 update.
Apple iOS 11: How to Install the Update:
Before downloading the update make sure you have fulfilled these prerequisites:
- It is recommended to have the update downloaded using Wi-Fi connection, since the size of iOS 11 update is big i.e. 1.9 GB. In addition, insure that your Wi-Fi connection is persistent and has a high downloading speed.
- The battery level should at least be 50%. In case the battery level is below 50%, you will be asked to plug your iPhone/iPad to charging before downloading the update.
- The available free space should be at least 2 GB.
- Backup your data on iCloud or iTunes.
Now that you have all the prerequisites fulfilled, follow the steps below to download the update:
- Navigate to Settings > General.
- From General locate Software Update and click on it.
- The Software Update screen will show you the available iOS update if your device is compatible.
- Simply click on the Download and Install and the update will start downloading.
- A reboot is required after the update is downloaded. Here, the home screen will only have the Apple logo with the software being updated.
- After the iOS device restarts, login to your device with the screen lock. Post this connect to your Wi-Fi and then sign in to your Apple account. Your device should now have the iOS update installed on your device.
Img Src: 9to5Mac
See Also: 10 Best Sports Apps For iPhone 2017
Apple iOS 11: How to install via iTunes
While installing the update through your iPhone/iPad device is easy, users can also update their OS through iTunes.
- Simply attach your device with your MacBook and install the update using iTunes.
However, before installing any update make sure that iTunes has the latest version installed.
- Now that you have attached the device, locate the device icon on the top left corner and tap on it. This will open the details about the attached iOS device.
- Now click on Summary and then click on Check for Update. The Check for Update will show iOS 11. Download the update and then install it by clicking on the Install button.
- Once the update has been installed, your iPhone/iPad will restart. After the update, has been installed, the iOS device will restart again. Here you will again have to enter the passcode, Apple ID password to login.
So, these were the ways with which you can have the latest iOS 11 on your iPhone/iPad. We hope that the article was of help.