When you plan to switch from Android to iPhone, it is important to back up all the necessary information. Similarly, there’s one more thing which you would never want to lose, your contacts. If you happen to lose your contacts, you may have to start from the scratches and add those phone numbers and email ids one by one to your new phone. However, there’re many handy techniques through which you can minimize the labor and get the job done in one go.
Today, we’re going to suggest you some ways to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone:
1. Using SIM card
It is one of the simplest way to not lose your contacts while moving to another platform. You can take a backup of your contacts on your SIM card and retrieve them from it once you place it in your iPhone. You can follow the below mentioned steps for the same:
- Take a backup of your address book contacts on your device’s SIM card.
- Remove SIM from Android
- Insert the SIM into your iPhone
- On the iPhone, tap the Settings app
- Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- Tap Import SIM Contacts
- Choose the account you want to transfer them into.
Once the transfer is completed, you can see your contacts in your iPhone. Make sure you let the process complete and don’t interrupt in between.
2. Using Google
Yes, Google has answer for this too. By uploading your contacts to the powerful Google Drive (the cloud storage), you can set yourself free from worrying contact loss. Since both Android and iPhone support Google Drive, it is considered as one of the most convenient way to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone. You may follow the below steps for the transfer:
- Take a backup of your contacts on Google Drive. Though it automatically syncs your contacts if you’re using a Google account.
- Add the same Google account to your iPhone.
- When the account is set up, you’re able to enable contact syncing right away. If not, you may do it by going to Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars -> tap your Google account
- Slide the Contacts slider towards On/green. This should sync your contacts to your Google account, resulting your accessibility to them in iPhone.
3. Using iTunes
iTunes is one classic way of transfer your contacts from Android to iPhone. Though this method requires you to own a computer, through which you can sync your data to the cloud. You may follow the below steps to get the work done.
- Connect your Android to the computer and sync it.
- Back up or sync your address book to Outlook Express or Windows Address Book
- Connect your iPhone to your computer to sync it
- Go to iTunes and click the iPhone icon in the top left-hand side corner beneath the playback controls
- Click on the Info tab, while keeping the iPhone management screen opened.
- Check the box next to Sync Contacts with to enable address book syncing
- Select the address book program you use (Outlook Express or Windows Address Book) in the drop-down
- Click the button next to All Contacts
- Click on Apply to save the settings and transfer all of your contacts to your iPhone.
Overall, transferring contacts from Android to iPhone doesn’t take much of efforts. However, you must select the most convenient way that involves less of the resources and platforms to let you transfer your data from one to another device.