Regardless of whether you agree or not, Facebook is addictive to the point that we tend to check our account every now and then, without any reason. We are often curious to check the number of likes and comments we have on every new photo/post we share.
Although this isn’t a problem when using your personal device, being constantly logged into Facebook has it’s share of cons. Think of a situation when you’re running low on data and you used your a PC or mobile to sign-in to your Facebook account but forget signing out. it could compromise your personal details in case any one with ill-intent could access your account.
But do not worry as in this article, we are going to tell you how you can remotely logout from your Facebook account.
Logout using Facebook Desktop version:
- Login to your Facebook account and click on the down arrow at the top right corner of the screen. Now from the drop down menu click on Settings.
- Now from the left sidebar, click on Security and login setting.
- Here you will find the list of devices along with the location information where your Facebook account is currently logged in or logged in the past. You will be able to see if you’re logged-in to your Facebook account from a windows PC over a Chrome browser and on a mobile device.
- If you wish to logout from the mobile device on which your current session is active, click on the three dots and select Log out. This will end your Facebook session over that mobile phone.
Also Read: How to Unchain Facebook Account from An App
Logout using Facebook app:
It might be possible that right now you cannot find a PC or laptop to remotely sign out from your Facebook account. In that case the Facebook app which is installed on your smartphone can also do the trick. Let’s find out how:
- Login to your account via Facebook app and tap on three parallel lines located at the top right corner of the screen.
- Now scroll down till HELP & SETTINGS option and tap on Account Settings.
- In Account settings tap on Security and login.
- Here under “Where you’re logged in” it will show your current Facebook sessions. Tap on the device name from which you wish to logout.
- Now click on Logout to logout from the device in which your session is active. This will logout your Facebook account from that device.
So guys if you too forgot to logout your Facebook account from the device which is not owned by you then be quick and logout your account now.