Almost everyone we know, is on Facebook. Which means innumerable friend requests from family members, friends, office colleagues and even acquaintances. Often this puts us in a tricky situation where you don’t want to accept the request but have to. It becomes even more miserable when they have access to all your activities on Facebook. To maintain a user’s digital space and privacy Facebook offers an effective solution to restrict people on their friends list.
What is restricted list?
It is a list where you can add your Facebook contacts with whom you do not wish to share your Facebook activities. It doesn’t mean that you have to unfriend them. However, when you share a post, those on the restricted list won’t be able to see it. Only when you select your post as Public or you tag them in the post will they be able to see it and comment on it.
How to get started
- Login to your Facebook account and go to the profile of the person whom you wish to add in the restricted list. Click on down arrow just next to Friends.
- From the drop-down menu click on Add to another list.
- From the menu, select the option Restricted.
- Once you click, its font will change to bold. Also, there will be a check mark next to it.
To add multiple names to the restricted list, follow the steps mentioned below.
Also Read: How To Clear Search History on Facebook
- Login to your Facebook account and click on the down arrow located at top right corner of the Facebook page. From the drop-down list click on Settings option.
- In the left pane, click on Blocking tab.
- In the Restricted List option click on Edit List.
- In the window that opens, click on down arrow next to On this list and select Friends.
- It will show you the complete list of friends. Click on images of the people you wish to restrict. Once selected, the click on Finish.
You can also follow the exact process to remove your friends from restricted list.
Also Read: How to Declutter Your Facebook News Feed
So, next time you do not wish to share your vacation posts with your boss and family members then just add them to the restricted list.