Notes App plays a crucial role in iOS interface! We jot down every lil piece of useful information in it from simple reminders to important bank account numbers. But is it fair that all our important stuff keep lying around like this without being secure?
What if your iPhone gets stolen? Or what if your kids accidentally delete some important details from the Notes app? Keeping all this in consideration iOS 11 now allows you to password protect your notes to keep it safe and secure. It’s like creating a second degree checkpoint for privacy so that if even someone manages to crack your phone’s passcode they still won’t be able to access your private information lying in Notes app.
Must Read: How To Fix Grainy Photos On iPhone
Let’s see how we can lock down our notes on iPhone and iPad.
How To Lock Notes On iPhone and iPad
Follow these quick steps to lock down notes on your iOS device:
- Open the Notes app on your iPhone and iPad.
- Now swipe left on a certain note that you wish to secure or enable password protection.
- Swiping left on a note will give you several options, so out of those three tap on the grey lock shaped icon.
4. Now you’ll be redirected to the next screen where you’ll have to set the password.
5. You can also use Touch ID protection to secure a specific not. To do this simply toggle the touch ID switch.
6. At last once you’ve filled in all the details, tap on “Done” on the top right corner of the screen.
7. Now you’ll be headed back to the Notes app main screen where all your notes are stored. Here you will notice a small grey lock icon alongside the note which we password protected.
8. Initially, it stays in the unlock state. To lock the specific note tap on “Lock now” option at the bottom of the screen.
Now the specific note is password protected including the preview text. Once you tap on it it’ll show as Locked.
How To Unlock a Note on iPhone and iPad
- To unlock a specific note, tap on “View Note”.
- Here you’ll be offered with choices, based on whichever security method was chosen by you initially.
- You can either use your fingerprint for Touch ID or simply enter the password to unlock a note.
Once you’re done don’t forget to lock it back, tap on the small lock icon to secure it from being read in future.
Next Read: 7 Tips to Shoot iPhone Videos like a Pro
Simple isn’t it? Just like we said earlier. So, in this way you can password protect all your notes to keep it away from anyone’s reach!