Facebook, the most famous social media platform, has been known for constantly updating itself to make the user experience easy, efficient and interesting. It is more than an application that just shows news feed or lets you post pictures. There are many things that can be done on Facebook which most of the users are unaware of. In this article, we will have a look at some useful hacks on Facebook that you might not know:
Tips and Tricks of Facebook
Let text messages Update your Facebook Status:
With Facebook Texts service, it is possible to get notifications on your mobile phone via SMS. All you need to do is, navigate to your mobile settings and then activate text messaging service. Once you have enabled the setting you can send your updates to a specific mobile number. You can set your Facebook Texts service in case your mobile carrier supports Facebook text messaging. To do so, go through the steps below:
- On the Facebook page click on Settings Menu.
- Now, tap on Mobile.
- In case your mobile number is not added to your account, tap on Add a Phone option. However, if the mobile number is already added simply tap on Activate Text Messaging.
- Post this, you need to select your country and the mobile service carrier you are using. Click on the Next tab.
- A confirmation code will be sent to your registered mobile.
- Enter the code and click on Next.
- Once the Facebook Texts feature has been activated, you can receive SMS from it and also update Facebook status by sending a text.
In this manner, you can get text message notifications, status updates, post photos and connect with your near and dear ones even when you don’t have mobile data.
Have a Control on Ads:
Ads popping up on Facebook every now and then are irritating. Most of us are unaware that social network allows users to select the kind of ads they want to see on their news feed. To control the ads being displayed, navigate to Facebook’s ad preference page. Then, click on the X symbol on the top right corner of the ad categories you do not wish to view.
Have A Copy of your Facebook Data:
Getting a copy of your Facebook data is yet another useful tip on our list. In case you are a regular user then you would have ample data, content and memorable moments warehoused in the app. Wouldn’t it be great if you could save all this information to a safe location? Facebook app gives users an option using which they can save all their Facebook data such as their status, pictures etc. It also comprises information on the ads you’ve clicked on, your IP address etc.
A list of everything that can be downloaded can be seen from the Facebook Help Center.
If you wish to take backup of the entire data including timeline info, shared posts, messages, pictures, videos etc. you should follow the steps below to download everything:
- Navigate to the Facebook Settings page.
- From the Facebook Settings page, tap Download a copy of your Facebook data under General Account Settings.
- Post this, tap on Start My Archive to get a copy of your Facebook data.
Make Sure There Is No Unauthorized Access to Your Account
Security Sessions track all the locations from where you logged into your Facebook and Messenger account.
You can simply delete the location if you cannot recognize the device or location. Simply tap on End Activity to delete that location.
This is a useful feature to remotely log out from sessions if you lose your phone or tablet or someone steals it.
Facebook is a vast platform with a plethora of features. We often restrict ourselves to the few visible features while there is a lot more to explore. We hope you make use of these useful tips and tricks, Facebook has to offer.