Criss Jami correctly said, “An over-indulgence of anything, even something as pure as water, can intoxicate”. In this age of technology, it is next to impossible to resist living without a smartphone. And it is justified, with our smartphones now being more of a requirement than a need. Most of us use our phones to perform multiple tasks apart from the usual messaging, calling and browsing internet.
However, like a coin, this too has two sides. The consistent interruptions because of feed and notifications leaves us distracted from work and disconnected from real world. Sometimes it is good to take a break from the virtual world and limit social media use. Every wasted minute on the smartphone can be saved to make our day more productive and satisfactory.
5 Best Apps To Limit Social Media Use
To help curb the time wastage, we’ve hand-picked 5 best apps that track social media usage and phone usage to help you gain control over your phone addiction.
1. Social Fever
Rating: 5 Stars
Social Fever is an incredibly well-designed app for all the social media enthusiasts, who wish to control their social media addiction. It is a powerful application, developed by Systweak Software to help strike a balance between digital and real world by keeping watch at the time spent.
Features of Social Fever:
- Social Fever has an intuitive and user-friendly interface.
- You can limit any app usage by setting timers to utilize your device smartly.
- It allows you to track down your smartphone usage for better understating of what is ‘wise usage’.
- It helps you to understand your minimum and maximum usage along with effortless and straightforward weekly reports.
2. SPACE – Break phone addiction
Rating: 4.2 Stars
With over 800,000 users across the world, Space is certainly one of the best Android apps to deal with your phone addiction. SPACE is simple yet beautifully designed app that offers numerous features and personalized tools to manage and limit social media utilization.
Features of SPACE:
- The app disconnects you from your device during your off time.
- You can have a customized program based on your phone usage, needs and habits.
- It helps yoe between your virtual life and real life.
- You can observe and monitor your phone usage pattern and maximum utilization according to hours.
3. AppDetox – App Blocker for Digital Detox
Rating: 4.2 Stars
AppDetox is an effective app that not only limits your social media usage but also helps you take a digital detox. It provides you all the control you need to get off your heavy usage and put an end to phubbing. The motive of AppDetox is to connect you more with real social time instead of virtual.
Features of AppDetox:
- It i an eye, in case you decide to break your own rules.
- An exceptional app, it is most suitable for parental control on kids screen time.
- You can block certain apps to spend less time on your device.
- You can lock your apps with an AppDetox app locker.
4. OFFTIME – Distraction Free
Rating: 4.0 Stars
OFFTIME is a classic apps which keeps a track over your social media usage. It allows you to set hourly and daily limits. It unplugs your digital detox and allows you to get some quality time along with peace of your mind. OFFTIME allows you to personalize the app by choosing custom-made modes such as family, friends and work to make sure you’ve access to
Features of OFFTIME:
- You can set custom auto-replies.
- It lets you block your calls, texts ande notification.
- Set notifies and send alerts in case you exceed your limited usage.
- You can easily track your phone usage and get a detailed report to understand time and app consumptions. You can also compare it with your friends to stay motivated.
5. MyAddictometer – Mobile addiction tracker
Rating: 4.2 Stars
MyAddictometer has an attractive and delightful layout. The app empowers you to track and manage your social media engagements throughout the day. It is a productivity tool that keeps a tab on time spent on your smartphone. Indeed, it is one of the best apps to limit social media usage.
Features of MyAddictometer:
- Like other social media usage trackers, it also helps you track your daily, weekly and monthly usage.
- You can compare your mobile usage of all days to understand how much the social media usage varies from day to day.
- It supports timeline that helps you to see progress and time spent from beginning to current day.
- MyAddictometer is an effective way to help students stay away from their smartphone and utilise their time for something better.
So, these were the 5 best apps that track social media usage that can help you to cut down your social media use and limit your phone use.