The more you get into technology, the further you go into gaming fantasies! The world of gaming is entirely fiction based but still gives us a great chance to escape the reality and experience some hard core action that we cannot achieve in real time. Playing games on PlayStation (PS) is one of a kind experience, especially when you are a gaming freak.
Hoping that most of us are already aware of the PS4’s environment let’s proceed further. Did you know you could set up Parental Control feature on PlayStation 4 to limit access of certain games, videos, or web browsing?
With the PlayStation 4, Sony now offers another “Family Management” which allows you to limit individual child accounts and apply separate settings on each.
Let’s jump further and see how to setup parental control restrictions on your PS4 account.
How To Enable Parental Control Restrictions On PS4
To set up parental control, follow these quick steps:
- Enter your username and password and sign in to your account.
- Now once you arrive on the home screen, tap on “Settings” icon from the bottom right menu bar and press X on your console to select your choice.
- In the Settings option, select “Parental Control/ Family Management” and press X.
- Tap on “PS4 System Restrictions”.
- On this new window, you’ll be prompted to set up a new password to secure your account. Guided as per on screen instructions setup a new passcode.
- The “PS4 System Restrictions” by default selects this option: New user creation and guest login. Scroll below and tap on “Default Parental Controls”.
- In this window you can set separate age levels for games and Blu-ray discs and DVDs. You can also choose whether or not guest users can use PlayStation VR or access the internet Browser.
- Tap on “Age level of games” to restrict games based on user’s age. You can scroll through the list and select an appropriate age rating for games as per your requirement.
When you’re done, don’t forget to “Change System Restriction Passcode” and set a custom parental control passcode. In case you don’t set a custom passcode, your PlayStation 4 will continue using the default passcode of “0000” and anybody can easily access your PS4 account.
How To Manage Individual Child Accounts:
- Head on to PS4 Settings and select “Parental Controls/Family Management”.
- Tap on “Family Management”.
- Now on this “Add family member” screen. Here you need to link up a new user account, either existing one from your friend’s list or you can even create a new member.
- Once you’re done adding a user account, select the age level for restricting the content.
- Here you can pick from various customizations and set them up as per your requirement.
- To manage these account settings in the future, head back to Settings > Parental Controls/Family Management > Family Management.
- Select the user account you want to manage or use the “Add Family Member” button to add additional accounts.
So fellas, in this way you can enable parental control restrictions and manage various accounts from your Playstation account. The parental controls features are really useful for restricting access to things– constraining access to games and media by their age range. Use them wisely!