The popular social media app, Snapchat became popular because it let users create stories with only pictures and videos. The app was initially developed to transfer photos and small videos to those on network. But with time, the app evolved with many new features added to it. Well, how can words express your feelings, when you’ve got an app to create a story about it?
Snapchat has gained the pinnacle of popularity within a short span, which is an outcome of its deliberate service and constant updates to make it even better.
Snapchat, like other popular social media platforms, is one of the must have apps on our phones. And for many it is disheartening if they’re unable to login to their Snapchat account. Not to worry as it is an issue which many have faced and has a simple solution to it.
Steps to Fix Snapchat Login failed Error On Android
There could be a plethora of reasons that refrain you from accessing your account like, incorrect password or login details. However, if the problem persists after entering the correct information, you can follow the below steps to fix Snapchat login error on Android:
- If you’re getting a message saying, “Oh no! Your login temporarily failed, so please try again later. If your login continues to fail, please visit https://support.snapchat.com/a/failed-login 🙂”, it is likely that you’ve got your device rooted. Although, there are three things Snapchat recommends:
- Make sure the Snapchat app you’re using is the one downloaded from Google Play Store and not from any other source.
- Check the device time and date, if they are not in order, make them.
- Make sure you have a valid Google account on your Android. Upon verifying, manually sync your Google account to your phone to check the proper working.
- If everything seems just fine, check if you have the latest version of the app or not.
- If it is the latest version, try to uninstall and reinstall the app. Before uninstalling, make sure you clear the cache and other data of the app from your phone. This should help the app to start fresh after reinstalling.
- Double check if your Google account is synced, if not, refer to below steps to sync:
- Tap on Settings from the homepage.
- Select Cloud and accounts option from the list.
- Tap on Accounts
- Select Google from the list of accounts on your Android.
- Tap on the account you wish to sync with your device.
- Tap on the menu icon (three vertical dots) on right-hand side, top corner of the screen.
- Select Sync now option from menu.
- You can see the sync icon appear against every Google service.
Must Read: How To Disable Snap Map On Snapchat
Although, syncing your Google account does fix Snapchat login error, if it doesn’t you can try the basic troubleshooting. You can restart your phone or the app and try once again. If the problem persists, you can approach Snapchat help center, where they may assist you beyond this.