With continuous updates WhatsApp has certainly become one of the best chat and messaging apps for Smartphones. You can update status as stories can see delivery and read receipts separately, send more than 10 photos and much more. On WhatsApp, you will find options for doing so many things but not for getting logged out of it.
Yes, WhatsApp has a ‘change phone number’ option along with delete my account option. But there is no option to logout from your WhatsApp account on your smartphone. In this article, we will discuss some workarounds to logout from WhatsApp on your smartphone and how you can logout from WhatsApp web.
How to logout from WhatsApp from Android:
As we have discussed earlier Android devices do not have any feature to logout from the WhatsApp but you can still logout without uninstalling the application. But before that it is recommended to take backup of your WhatsApp chats so that it can be restored when you login next time.
To take backup go to WhatsApp Settings>Chats>Chat Backup and tap on Backup.
To logout from WhatsApp follow these steps.
- Go to Settings from the home screen of your iPhone.
- Go to Apps and locate WhatsApp.
- Tap on storage and then tap on Clear Data.
- Now open WhatsApp app again. You will see the login screen.
Also Read: Hackers are Using WhatsApp To Spread Virus Know How!
How to logout from WhatsApp from iPhone:
On iPhones or iPads, you will not get an option to clear data for WhatsApp but there is a workaround. Before proceeding further, you should take backup of your chats and media on iCloud. To take the Backup go to Settings of WhatsApp tap on Chats and then Chat Backup. Tap on Backup Now when prompted. Now follow these steps to remove and reinstall WhatsApp on your iPhone.
- On the home screen of your iPhone long press on the WhatsApp icon.
- You will see X button to uninstall the app.
- When prompted tap on Delete. This will uninstall WhatsApp from your device.
- Next time when you want to login to WhatsApp again download and install it again from the App store you will see the login screen.
How to logout from WhatsApp from WhatsApp web:
To logout from WhatsApp web on your computer click on three dots given at the top window and then click on Logout. If you have forgot to logout WhatsApp web from your computer and you are now away from it then you can still logout from WhatsApp web using your smartphone.
This is how you can logout from WhatsApp. If you do not want to lose your chats and back up then take backup before logging out.