It is certainly not necessary for an iPhone user to also own a Mac, as some of us still prefer to work on Windows computer. But don’t you think it is a bit difficult to synchronize both devices together?
Earlier, Apple reduced the hassle of transferring audio and video files by launching iTunes for Windows. Now, it has made synchronization between your iPhone and Windows easy with an iCloud variant for Windows.
In this post, we will discuss how to use iCloud on Windows.
Must Read: How To Use Mac’s General Preferences Pane
Download iCloud On Windows
To download and use iCloud on Windows, follow the below steps:
- The first step would be setting up iCloud on all the Apple devices that you want to sync.
- Then sync all the data to iCloud that you wish to access on your Windows computer.
- Now download iCloud for Windows.
- Once downloaded, install iCloud on your Windows.
- After installing iCloud, restart your Windows computer.
- Upon, restarting the system, open iCloud. Sign in with your Apple ID.
- With the next screen, you can choose what features and content you want to be accessed across all the devices. Click Apply.
If you want to add bookmarks, you can checkmark the box beside Bookmark.
- Note: iCloud for Windows supports iCloud Photos, Drive and more. It also incorporates the calendar, contacts and more with Outlook on Windows.
Unlike Dropbox, iCloud will not create an icon in Quick Access or Favorites pane located at the left-hand side of the pane in File Explorer. It can be easily done with these few steps:
Must Read: How to Set-up an iCloud Account on your Mac
- iCloud Folder will appear in the main User folder. For instance, you can check for it in C:/Users/Srishti.Sisodia/iCloud Drive.
- Locate the folder by following the steps above.
- Once you locate it, make a right click on it.
- From the context menu, select “Pin to Quick Access” to add the shortcut in the left-hand panel in File Explorer.
For Windows 7, once you navigate till iCloud Drive, drag the icon and drop it to Favorites.
Now, that you know how to download and use iCloud for Windows, go ahead, try this and access all your iPhone and other Apple devices data on Windows computer.