As you know iMessage is a chat and instant messaging application from Apple. It is considered as the best alternative to text messages. Texting your contacts through iMessage also saves on your phone bills as it uses the internet to send messages. iMessage work on all the apple devices such as on iPhone, iPad, MacBook and Mac. On this messenger, you can send messages with amazing effects such as with balloons fireworks etc. If you are facing a problem in smoothly using iMessages on your Mac then here are some common fixes.
- Let us begin with checking some settings to make it sure that iMessage is not disabled on your Mac. To check this open iMessages on your Mac from the top menu go to Messages > Preference > Accounts, make sure that “Enable this account” is checked otherwise it will show that you are online.
Also Read: How to Send iMessage with Various Screen Effects
- Next thing you can do is force quit Message App and reopen it. To force quit click on the Apple icon given on the top left and from the Force Quit Applications Menu Force Quit Messages.
- Check if internet connection is working on your Mac. To do this open safari browser and open any website randomly. If it is taking a long time to load then there can be a problem with your internet connection.
- Restart your Mac because restarting Mac restarts all the applications and processes running so can solve lots of problems.
Also Read: How to Enable & Disable Read Receipts for iMessages
- Check for update for your Mac. Since iMessage is an inbuilt app so you cannot check for an update individually for it. So, you should check if there is any update or any patch available for the OS on your Mac.
- Sign-out and sign back in. the problem can be because you have changed your password on some other device so you must try your luck signing out of iMessages and signing back in. your messages will be refreshed after a successful sign in. To sign out go to Messages> Preferences> Accounts Make it sure that iMessages is Selected in the left pane. Click sign out and then sign back in after a couple of seconds.
This is how you can fix iMessage not working in Mac. These tips going to help you and again you will be able to enjoy messaging on the bigger screen of your Mac.