If you love Alexa then Echo Spot is a must have gadget for your bedroom rack. Echo Spot connects to Alexa, a cloud-based voice service to play music, read the news, answer questions, set music alarms, allows you to control smart home, and more.
Amazon is consistently trying to improve Alexa by adding bunch of useful features with every update. So, if you just bought yourself an Echo spot this holiday season then here are the first 3 things to try on!
Enable Night Mode On Echo Spot
Follow these quick steps to enable night mode on your Echo Spot device:
- Swipe down from home screen and tap on the gear icon to access settings.
- Select “Home and clock” option.
- Tap on “Night Mode”.
- Toggle the “Night time clock” button.
- You can also schedule the night mode option to save yourself from daily enabling this feature.
Enabling Night mode on your Echo spot will reduce the brightness level up to 50% in order to ensure that you have a cozy night sleep without straining your eyes.
Disable Camera On Echo Spot
If you’re bit skeptical with that staring camera along your bedside here’s what you can do:
- Swipe down from the home screen and tap the gear icon to open Settings.
- Scroll down and select “Device options”.
- Toggle the Camera switch to disable it.
- Hit the tiny arrow to confirm your action.
Change The Clock Face On Echo Spot
Echo spot is not just a gadget but also adds to your bedroom’s interior. So, if you anytime wish to change the clock face theme of the device here’s what you need to do:
- Swipe down from the main screen and tap the gear icon to access settings.
- Scroll down and select “Home and Clock” option.
- Now pick the “Theme” option.
- Here you can choose from 3 different options viz Analog, Digital or Personal photo.
- The analog and digital options will offer you 6 different clock faces to pick from. Simply swipe left or right to browse.
- To set a new clock face tap on the small arrow icon on the top.
- Suppose you selected the “Personal Photo” option then first select whether you want the picture over analog or digital display. Select one choice and then proceed further.
- You can either select a photo from an album that’s already uploaded to your Prime Photos account, or upload a photo in the Alexa app with your Echo Spot’s settings.
- The latter is a bit easier! So, to upload a picture via Alexa app, launch Alexa app tap on “Settings” and the select your Echo Spot from the list of Echo devices.
- Hit the “Choose a Photo” button to pick a personal photograph from your Smartphone to set as clock face.
So folks here were a few things you can try doing on Echo Spot to enhance your experience! If you have any other queries feel free to hit the comment box.