We use our email account for so many things such as personal and professional communications and to store and share information. But in last few years we have noticed that number of cyber scams related to emails have increased rapidly. So it is a big reason to become a little more aware about email security. In some of our previous articles, we discussed how you can block senders on Gmail to stop unwanted emails collecting in your inbox. As all senders cannot be known to us and we can suspect a phishing email anytime, it becomes essential for us to know what to keep and what not. So here is how you can report a Phishing email and translate it on Gmail.
How to translate an email instantly:
If you have received an email which is not in the language you understand then you should not click on the links given into it first you can translate and understand it.
- Open the email if it is not in the language you have selected as your default language then you will see a strip with the language detection and a button to translate.
- If you want to translate any email which is already in the default language then you can click on the drop down given next to the sender name. and choose translate.
- You will see the same translation strip and you can select any language in which you want your message to be translated.
Reporting a phishing email
After translating an email if you feel that it is a Phishing email then here is how you can report it.
- Click on the drop down given on the right hand side of the sender name and email. You will see “Report Phishing” as the third option from the bottom click on it.
- In the next step you will see a message click on Report Phishing Message given at the bottom and selected email will be reported as a phishing email. You will get a confirmation for your report.
This is how you can secure your Gmail account from phishing emails that might not be in your native language. Google takes such reports real seriously to ensure users can get the best experience online.
Next Read: How To Schedule An Email Message On Gmail