Managing font is an imperative for designers and requires their utmost attention especially when they are a newbie in the industry. That’s why font manager proves to be beneficial. It helps to organize large font collections more effectively. Moreover, it is perfect way to take care of issues such as handling missing fonts, installing and uninstalling fonts. Taking care of font conflicts always keeps typographers and graphic designers on their toes. To ease out the work for them, we have compiled a list of the top 7 font managers for Windows in 2018.
SkyFonts is an amazing program that is developed by Monotype Imaging Inc. It is the easiest and straightforward way to try, install, and organize fonts. You can simply install fonts with a single click from participating websites. Best of all, Fonts are installed from the cloud on your computer in seconds, so you don’t need to fill up your storage by adding them to your machine.
- The tool installs, downloads and activates your fonts in real time.
- You can subscribe to font libraries that have over 11,000 fonts.
- SkyFonts facilitate you to try out the fonts in your design apps, before buying them.
2. FontExplorer X Pro
It’s a comprehensive font manager that provides you an ultra-intuitive interface. Moreover, FontExplorer X Pro comes with a reliable architecture and robust features, which you access and control over your fonts without any trouble. It is fun to use FontExplorer X Pro, doesn’t matter whether you’re a newbie or a master.
- It comes with backup functionality and print functionality.
- FontExplorer X Pro supports tons of features spotlight, Dark mode and optimized for retina displays is a few of them.
- You can use customizable previews, detailed font info, and character view to get the detailed information of fonts.
FontBase is one of the best font managers for Windows in 2018. It is a well-designed program that has tons of mind-blowing feature to give next level experience. FontBase is developed by Dominik Levitsky Studio and available for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- You can simply create and manage collections and explore the default ones.
- It provides unmatched performance in displaying and loading fonts.
- You can activate any font of your choice without installing them.
NexusFont is also considered as one of the reliable font managers for Windows users. It is a great font manager that has been designed for designers those who use multiple fonts. It allows you to compare, manage and select fonts with well-organized features. You can use this font manager for personal use as well as for business.
- NexusFont is a simple and easy to use font manager tool.
- If you’re using this font manager, then you can load the fonts you’re working on right now, you do not need to install all the fonts on your computer.
- It is a reliable font manager that has been trusted by many Windows users.
5. Flipping Typical
It is an online web application that detects and previews installed fonts on your computer with any text you want to. It is an incredible font manager software that aims to determine each and every font you have installed on your system and preview them all in real time.
- The font manager comes with straightforward functionality and interface that is suitable for any age group to use.
- It is a useful tool that can automatically detect all the fonts.
- You can access tons of fonts from Flipping Typical such as Arial, Georgia, Comic Sans Ms, Calibri, Franklin Gothic, and many more.
6. Font Viewer
It is a portable font manager that has an exquisite filtering option. You can trust the software to manage and organize Unicode smoothly. You can view and arrange a good number of fonts in it and apply their various styles to a text of your preference. Moreover, Font Viewer is a lightweight software, which is easy to understand and run.
- The software exports the list to a text file (.txt) or a Font Viewer file (.fv) for use at a later date.
- It is a freeware that comes in a readable and easily-accessible format.
- It provides a scrollable gridview and allows you to change the color, size, and background with ease.
7. AMP Font Viewer
Last but not the least, AMP Font Viewer is useful yet powerful font manager that rapidly lets you overview the installed and uninstalled fonts. You can use the font manager to manage and organize your installed and uninstalled fonts in categories.
- It is available in both the version English and Spanish.
- AMP Font Viewer supports true to type, type fonts, and Type1 fonts as well.
- The program is capable of printing a list of a few or all the installed fonts along with an example of the available font.
So, these are some of the best font managers for Windows in 2018. Download and activate the one that fulfill your requirements. Let us know what do you think about them.