Whenever, you talk about video calls and chatting on the Internet, the first tool that comes to mind is Skype. It has been the most popular choice for video calls since its launch. The biggest perk of Skype is that it lets you send texts and make video calls for free. Though Skype has a lot of features and advantages, if you want to try something new, check this out!
Best Skype Alternatives In 2018
If you are bored of Skype, try the alternate apps that we have listed below.
1. Google Hangouts
Whether you want to text, make a video call, one of the best apps is Google Hangouts. With Google Hangouts, you can involve in one-on-one conversation as well as a group conversation. Let’s take a look at the features of Google Hangouts:
- The app is available for iOS, Windows and Android as well.
- You can upload photos and documents to Google Drive and share it with your contacts through Google Hangouts.
- Google Hangouts allows you to make video calls to up to 10 people at a time.
- The chat history is saved online, allowing them to sync with other devices.
Also Read: 7 Amazing Things You Should Know About Skype
WebEx is one of the best alternatives to Skype as it lets you conduct online meetings, web conferencing and video conferencing. Let’s take a look at the features of WebEx:
- It lets you share applications, presentations, documents and your PC in real time.
- It brings people together and maximizes resources saving time and expense of traveling.
- It supports Powerpoint, Adobe Flash animations, audio, and video.
- You can record your meetings, make changes in it to prepare training, demonstrations and marketing content.
GoToMeeting is a simple, effective and reliable web meeting solution. You can get connected to anyone, anywhere on any device. Let’s look at the features of GoToMeeting:
- It allows you to share screens, make audio and videos call seamlessly.
- You can do a meeting at that instant or schedule it for later.
- You can customize settings to your needs.
- You can join the meetings by just answering a phone call, so no code and PIN are required.
One of the best and popular ways to communicate with people around the world is WhatsApp. It is a simple, fast and secure way to send messages and make calls. Let’s take a look at the features of WhatsApp:
- It can help your business to interact with customers via chat and call with tools to automate, sort and send quicker replies.
- With an end to end encryption, your personal messages are safe and secure and nobody apart from the sender and receiver will be able to see the messages.
- You can create a group and add people from contacts and start a conversation. Moreover, you can mute or customize notifications with ease.
- Whether you are on a desktop or your smartphone, you can continue chatting on any device.
Also Read: 10 Best Lock Apps For WhatsApp 2018
Talky is one of the best alternatives to Skype as it seamlessly allows video chatting and screen sharing for a group. Let’s look at the features of Talky:
- You can initiate a group video chat among 15 people.
- With Talky, creating a chat room is easy, all you need to do is go to a Talky website, type the URL you’d want to use, you are ready to go.
- It is a cross-platform application which helps you connect to any device.
So, these are some of the platforms other than Skype that are suitable to chat, video call, one on one or in a group.
Try them out and let us know what worked for you in the comments below.