Google that has always been known for its innovations, last year introduced Augmented Reality mode for Pixel 2 by putting AR characters of Star Wars. Now, in it’s latest release Google is introducing Augmented Reality for all Android smartphones via its Motion Stills app.
The updated version 2.0 of Motion Stills now comes with AR mode. This means every Android smartphone user can now insert virtual 3D objects to the videos and GIFs. For the users who do not know much about Motion Stills app, it is an app developed by Google that transforms your still images into a motion clip. Also, you can easily make a fast forward clip using this app.
However, due to various camera apps available in the market this app was not able to interest many users. But now with the addition of AR mode this is surely going to win millions of hearts.
How to Get Started with AR mode in Motion Stills app?
- First, download Motion Stills app from Google Play store. If the app is already installed on your device then update it to version 2.0. Please note that Motion Stills app is compatible with the smartphones running Android 5.1 or above.Must Read: 15 Best VR Apps For Android
- After launching the app tap on AR MODE.
- This will open different AR stickers that you can use in your photo. Presently, you can use roaring Dinosaur, Gingerbread, Skeleton, Robot, Chicken, and Globe as AR stickers.
- Now as per your choice, tap on the AR sticker. Once selected, tap on the surface where you want to put that AR sticker. You can also scale and rotate the object by using your two fingers.
- Once you placed the object and set its orientation, tap on the recording button to start with the recording.
- To save the recording, tap again on the same recording button. To edit and share that video, click on the gallery box that is at lower left corner of the screen. You can share this as video or as a GIF.
If you are not satisfied with the video that you have just captured and feel that you can capture more exciting videos then click on Trash icon to delete it.
Next Read: 15 Best Android Cleaning Apps
So, guys, what are you waiting for! Start creating and sharing the videos that are powered by Augmented Reality.