Nowadays, printer is an essential need for everyone whether someone owns a small business or is a student. While most of the work has become digital but sometimes the need for hard copy of documents does arise.
Printers have come a long way from what they were till a few years back. They have many more added features; the quality of print has improved and have become much simpler to use!
In this article, we will show you how you can install a printer using IP address in Windows 10.
Must Read: 5 Tips to Fix 100% Disk Usage on Windows 10
Install Printer Via IP Address In Windows 10
You can use the following steps below to install a printer using IP address in Windows 10.
- Click on Windows logo Start button (near Cortana search bar) and then click on the Settings (Gear icon).
- Now on Windows Settings screen, tap on Devices option.
- Next, tap on Printers & Scanners and then, on the right side, tap on Add a Printer or Scanner.
- Now, Windows 10 will search for printers and scanners, later you will see an option “The Printer that I want isn’t listed” tap on that option.
- A window will pop-up, here choose the option “Add a Printer Using TCP/IP address or host name” and tap on Next.
- Now, type the Hostname or IP Address of printer in the provided space and it will get the Port name automatically of the Printer and tap on Next.
- Now, Windows should search for the printer if the printer is connected and configured properly. If it is not connected properly, it may ask you further for the more details to enter.
- Now, it will ask you to install the driver for printer. Now, choose your Printer and tap on the Next.
- Finally, just follow the on-screen instructions for installation. It will also ask you to share your printer with others if you wish you can share it.
- Now all set, you will get a pop-up which says that printer has been installed successfully. Now, you will be able to print a test page and tap Finish.
Must Read: How to Use People Bar in Windows 10
That’s all! You have successfully added your printer to Windows 10 Computer and you can perform any printer related operation from your Computer. We hope you will like this post, if you have any comment or suggestion you can write in the section provided below.