Every time you think of keeping something secure and hidden, you keep it in a safe. Locking valuable files and folders behind a password is a good way to keep them safe but what if you forget the password and are unable to access your files. What if you forget your bank account or your email account password when you need it the most? Irritating right? But what if we told you that you’ll never lose any of your passwords and you also do not need to remember any of them? If this proposition entices you, then you have come to the right place.
Password Manager for Windows
To help you keep your passwords safe and secure, we’ve listed some of the best password managers for Windows.
The simplicity of using the same password everywhere can pose a security risk. Remembering all the passwords can put a dent in your memory. Well, not anymore, use LastPass and leave all your worries to it. Let’s take a look at the features of LastPass:
- Just Login to LastPass and get access to all your passwords.
- It helps you to create strong passwords with its inbuilt password generator.
- You can store all your digital records like Insurance cards, Wi-Fi passwords, memberships and more.
If you have Dashlane password manager, you don’t have to worry about losing or forgetting a password again. Let’s take a look at the features of Dashlane:
- You can generate unique passwords to secure your accounts and its credentials.
- You can protect your passwords on your device where only you can access them.
- You can add or import passwords, or save them as you browse the web.
A digital wallet, password manager and password generator, Roboform is one of the best password managers for Windows. Let’s check out the features of RoboForm:
- With Roboform, you can log in to your accounts and sign in to websites with a single click.
- It helps you to create strong passwords to make sure your credentials are safe and difficult to hack.
- It uses AES256 bit encryption with PBKDF2 SHA256 along with a Master Password with a length of 8 characters, with a minimum of 4 nonnumeric characters.
4. KeePass Password Safe
KeePass Password Safe is a free, open source, lightweight and simple to use a password manager. Let us look at the features of KeePass Password Safe:
You can manage and organize all your passwords and they all are locked behind a safe with one master key.
- It uses AES and Twofish encryption algorithms which are known to be one of the safest to keep the databases secure.
- With a strong random password generator of KeePass Password Safe, you can create strong passwords.
5. Sticky Password
One of the best password managers available for Windows, Sticky Password is a good choice to secure your passwords. Let’s take a look at the features of Sticky Password:
- It is easy to use and has a simple user interface.
- It has AES?256 – the world’s leading encryption standard to make sure that your data stays safe.
- You can seamlessly manage all your passwords. You need to remember one master password, rest of it will be auto-filled.
TrueKey uses your face or fingerprint to give you access to all saved passwords. You can access all your passwords on all your devices with TrueKey. Let’s check out the features of TrueKey:
It efficiently saves your passwords automatically and enters them whenever needed.
The app protects your passwords by encrypting them with AES-256, one of the strongest encryption algorithms available.
You will always be verified by at least two factors before being signed in to ensure your security.
1Password is one of the best password managers available for Windows as it seamlessly organizes your passwords and doesn’t let you worry about you losing your passwords. Let’s take a look at that what 1Password has to offer:
- It enables you to store various passwords, software licenses, and other important information in a virtual vault that is guarded by a PBKDF2-guarded master password.
- You can sync your passwords to all your devices via Dropbox, iCloud or local Wi-Fi
- 1Password works with web browsers including Chrome, Brave, Firefox, Safari, Opera and Internet Explorer.
LogMeOnce is one of the most password management tool which helps you to keep your password safe and easily accessible. Let’s check out the features of LogMeOnce:
- You can login to LogMeOnce account with your selfie, fingerprint, Pin Code and password.
- It has two-factor authentication method to ensure that your sensitive information is safe.
- It also offers Anti-Theft features so that you can track your device when it is misplaced.
9. Symantec Norton Identity Safe
Want login to your important websites but afraid if the information gets misplaced? Don’t worry, with Norton Identity Safe you don’t have to worry about that. Let’s take a look at the features of Symantec Norton Identity Safe:
- It facilitates easy login to your favorite websites on any of the browsers or devices that you have.
- It warns you about the unsafe websites right in your search results and blocks them.
- You can store your passwords and other sensitive information in a secure cloud vault which can only be accessed by you.
So, these are some of the best password managers for Windows available in the market. Try them and let us know which one works for you in the comments below.