With all the mess and fiascos, whether it’s Cambridge Analytic scandal or other data mishandling incidences, Facebook is in middle of a cyclone, some people have completely lost faith in the social media giant. Some people have also joined a campaign to delete Facebook. The concerned people have all the rights to behave this way as data mishandling can’t be tolerated.
However, staying on Facebook has its own pros. Connecting to the world seamlessly is one of them. However, if you have made up your mind to join Brain Action in the delete Facebook campaign then go right ahead. Although before deactivating the account, don’t you want to get your data which has been collected by Facebook for years? If yes, then read on to know how to get hold of your Facebook data easily.
Download Your Facebook Data:
Getting your data stored on Facebook is easy. The company provides dump archive and it could convince you that all of your digital life is in that dump file. However, there is a possibility that that it is the only data about which Facebook wants you to know about.
Follow these steps to get your hands on the dump file:
- Log in to your Facebook account on your desktop.
- Now on your Profile Page, on the Facebook menu bar, locate the drop-down menu and select Settings.
- You will be directed to the Facebook Settings page.
- On the left pane of the window, look for General and click on it to open.
- In the general section, click to select “Download a copy of your Facebook data”
- You will get to the following age, click “Download Archive” Button.
- You will be asked to input your password to proceed.
- Either the download of the file will be initiated or you will receive a link to the download on your registered email address.
- When the download is completed, extract the zip file.
- Run the HTML file and it will open on your web browser and you will get access to all your Facebook data.
In this way, you get to know about Facebook data which has been stored with the social media giant. You will get access to all of it until the time you initiated the download process.
Once you check the downloaded file, you will get to know what information is stored on it. It includes video, audios, photos, messages, interest list, friends list and more. The data also has the list of your connected apps, previous Facebook sessions, and advertisement topics concerning you.