In 2009, WhatsApp was launched and since then slowly and steadily has become popular. Now, most people with smartphones in their possession love to use WhatsApp. It is one of the easiest way to chat, make audio and video calls, send and receive documents, photos, and videos. Sometimes, when we are deleting messages or other unwanted images from our phone, we accidentally delete the ones we never intend to delete. Well, don’t worry even if you have deleted the photos that you received from the app, WhatsApp can help you recover it.
One of the best features of WhatsApp is that it takes backup of all the shared things in every 24 hours. Moreover, the backup files are saved for last 7 days. Aren’t you happy to know that you can easily access your deleted images?
In this post, we have discussed two methods to recover deleted images from WhatsApp.
Method – 1
This process doesn’t need any major efforts. To get back the deleted photos and other data, you need to do one simple task. Uninstall WhatsApp and install it back. You will get the option to restore your data while installing the app.
Also Read: 10 Best Lock Apps For WhatsApp
Method – 2
If you don’t find all your files with the first method, you can always try to get a third-party software to work for you to get the things done. One of the software, dr.fone is the best solution to recover your lost media.
Recover Deleted WhatsApp Media on iPhone with dr.fone:
To recover deleted images from Whatsapp on iPhone, please follow these steps:
- Download dr.fone and launch the software on the computer.
- Once you see the interface of the software, click Recover.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer through the USB cable, then select Recover iPhone Data.
- Checkmark beside WhatsApp & Attachments.
- Click on Start Scan to start the process of finding the deleted WhatsApp Images.
- Once the scan is completed, the recovered items will appear in the list.
- You can now choose the items you want to get back and click the option “Recover to Computer”.
Recover Deleted WhatsApp Media on Android with dr.fone:
To retrieve lost photos from WhatsApp on Android with dr.fone, please follow these steps:
Note: Never overwrite the data. Don’t update files or send messages or you will lose the data.
- You can download and launch dr.fone on your Windows computer.
- Connect your Android device to your computer via USB cable.
Note: You need to enable debugging on your Android device. Go to Settings->About Phone->Navigate to Build Number and tap on it seven times. You will get a pop-up at the bottom of the area saying that you’re now a developer.
- You will get to select the type of data you want to scan for. Choose from the list whether you want to scan for messages, videos, call history, and more.
- Check Mark beside “WhatsApp Messages and Attachments” and other things that you want to recover to start the process.
- Once the process is completed, you will get the list of recovered data and select and click Recover to get back your data.
So, in this way you can retrieve lost photos of WhatsApp. Try them and let us know if it worked for you.